• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubberized paint spray - select interior places

I was wondering if anyone has used rattle can rubberized spray paint on the interior? Right now, I'm only considering it for spraying the bottom of the battery den to keep wear/corrosion down. I'm mostly curious how well it adheres to unprimed carc paint over a long period of time?

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used the flex seal rubber spay coating for my battery hold-down. I sprayed mine over an acid etch marine primer, so far so good. If you use flex seal, just be sure to tape everything off due to how messy it is. You might consider the brush on version if you want something more like a molded rubber mat.

Battery hold down 5.JPG
battery install 5.JPG

Reactions: 98G
I've used the flex seal rubber spay coating for my battery hold-down. I sprayed mine over an acid etch marine primer, so far so good. If you use flex seal, just be sure to tape everything off due to how messy it is. You might consider the brush on version if you want something more like a molded rubber mat.

View attachment 791998
View attachment 791999

View attachment 791998
View attachment 791999
Thanks, I was thinking about flex seal. Sounds like the brush on version may be better given the right space

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like the 3M brand rubberized undercoating and the stuff I got at the automotive paint store was way better than the 3M stuff I got at NAPA or box stores. This stuff hardened a lot more and would resist a thumb nail imprint unlike the other stuff where the thumb imprint never went away.

ramdough

I really like the 3M brand rubberized undercoating and the stuff I got at the automotive paint store was way better than the 3M stuff I got at NAPA or box stores. This stuff hardened a lot more and would resist a thumb nail imprint unlike the other stuff where the thumb imprint never went away.
What was it called?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was it called?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The napa 3M stuff was 08883 Underseal Rubberized Undercoating

The better stuff might be the 03584 Professional Grade Rubberized Undercoating

Currently I'm using 08882 Underseal Undercoating Paintable and it's working very well. The paint adheres to it nicely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks