• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubbing compound worked wonders

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm working on my M543A2 wrecker restoration. The interior was heavily oxidized and I was expecting to prep and paint. I bought the rubbing compound shown in the attached picture and gave it a try. It took several coats but after trying several methods, a tooth brush worked the best. The glove box door has not been buffed out so you can see a comparison shot. The interior is original paint so I'm thrilled to be able to say the interior is really original. I bought this stuff at O'reilly's auto parts. I will paint the knobs since they are chipped up pretty bad.

interior polished 2.jpg

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bigmike thanks for the info on this it looks like just what I need for the inside of the doors on my 925A1, what a huge difference!
KK

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is something special about having the original paint looking good on an MV.

I'm starting this project on my Mule, which has survived unmolested in its original paint since it came out of the Marines. The paint is in decent shape (as in not all chipped up), but oxidized. The test spots look promising, going to work my way around the whole machine now.

Cheers