• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ruh Roh! What was that noise?

ramcatdoc

Was driving down the highway at about 55 mph, going downhill, having just filled my tank with diesel and added Lucas to the tank not a minute earlier.

Suddenly, a very loud, rhythmic banging/clanking sound came from under the hood. Frequency changed with the accelerator pedal. Took my foot off the gas and coasted down the hill. No smell. No change in the way it handled. No shaking or rattling or vibrating of sense that I was entombed in a bomb.

I gingerly applied my foot to the accelerator pedal, and the sound went away just as soon as it came, after no more than 15 seconds.

Haven't heard it since. Wondered if the Lucas dissolved something loose, but it had literally only been a minute or two since I had filled up.

Any ideas?

ARM

K9Vic

Search "diesel hammering" or "diesel clatter" on YouTube. You likely have a bad injector if it does not go away and probably the Lucas did clear something out that is either good or bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks