• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rumblin Wreck Build

Question, are your PA speakers wired to the CB, or how does that work?
Well, Yes and No. The 4 channel, 2,000 watt, amplifier has one of its two inputs on a switch that can toggle between stereo and the CB's PA. The four PA's are powered on that side of the amp. The two channels on the other side of the amp are for the sub woofers and the signal for those is straight (non switched) from the stereo. If I were to run the PA's straight off of the CB they would not be audible as I believe the CB output is only 5 watts.

The amp is rated a 2,000 watts but it, like all amps, performs at the lesser "RMS" value which is about 200 watts x 4 channels. The PA's are rated at 100 watts each so putting 4 of them on two channels is a 1:1 match. Basically they are an effiecient match. I can't remember exactly what the impedences of the amp and the PA's are but I did my homework at the time to make sure everything would work nicely together.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great mods. Good job on the installs too, looks like quality work. Great idea with the lock on the tailgate. I had my hooks come out after bouncing over some railroad tracks. I pulled over before the tailgate dropped, but I cringe when I think of all the loose gear I had in the back that could have spilled out. Ring mount legs, tow bar, loose deuce transmission... :shock:

I had that same short section of hose with the swivel end from harbor freight in a similar setup and it failed on the first use. The swivel head separated from the hose with very little effort. Just a word of warning in case it's a critical component in your emergency/recovery plan.

Also, that snatch block looks a little light for 30k lbs. Perhaps the size in the photo is deceptive, but I have a similar block rated at 9k and Warn's snatch block that looks like yours is rated for 10k.

Great mods. Good job on the installs too, looks like quality work. Great idea with the lock on the tailgate. I had my hooks come out after bouncing over some railroad tracks. I pulled over before the tailgate dropped, but I cringe when I think of all the loose gear I had in the back that could have spilled out. Ring mount legs, tow bar, loose deuce transmission... :shock:

I had that same short section of hose with the swivel end from harbor freight in a similar setup and it failed on the first use. The swivel head separated from the hose with very little effort. Just a word of warning in case it's a critical component in your emergency/recovery plan.

Also, that snatch block looks a little light for 30k lbs. Perhaps the size in the photo is deceptive, but I have a similar block rated at 9k and Warn's snatch block that looks like yours is rated for 10k.
The whip hose is from harbor freight. Luckily it has held up well. I bought one hose from there and noticed a bubble in it when I hooked it up for the first time so I returned it. I had another harbor freight hose develop a bubble. I have pretty much quit shopping there.

The snatch block is rated for 30k lbs. You can search for it on Amazon.com if you like. Search for: Rugged Ridge 11235.11 30,000 lbs. Snatch Block Pulley
I got mine when it was at $30.

PA Speaker Video

I was out of town most of this weekend and it started raining when I got back today so I didn't get much done. I did manage to take a video of the PA's in action. However the video does not do the sound justice (especially when I hit the train horn). The pictures are of my new 5 piece camouflaged tool kit (only suitable for smaller jobs).:D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY2c9_ULeU0&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Attachments

joshs1ofakindxj

I dig this build, because it is very unique and quality work.

Can you go into detail about where you purchased the locking door handle and how you installed it or what you referenced?

I am way over-do for that mod and every time I search for it I don't find much that is helpful.

I dig this build, because it is very unique and quality work.

Can you go into detail about where you purchased the locking door handle and how you installed it or what you referenced?

I am way over-do for that mod and every time I search for it I don't find much that is helpful.
I actually bought the locking door handle from another member on this site. He had ordered some extras and was willing to part with what he didn't need. He did do some grinding and modification so that when I got it all I had to do was bolt it on. It works very well and I am happy with it.

I will PM you his contact info.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice work RW. :beer:

Looking good! Can't wait to see it at the GA rally. I have really got to go pick up my 923 from Ferro next week.
Yeah man, you might not even recognize it. Did you sell the Bobber? I was hopping to see what all you had done to it.

Edit: I see in your signature that you did sell it :-(. Even though I didn't have that one long I think I will always be curious about it since it was my first MV. Maybe the new owner will be at the rally with it.

Looking forward to seeing your new acquisition.

Last edited:

caliber1

I actually bought the locking door handle from another member on this site. He had ordered some extras and was willing to part with what he didn't need. He did do some grinding and modification so that when I got it all I had to do was bolt it on. It works very well and I am happy with it.

I will PM you his contact info.
That is a nice looking handle RW. [thumbzup] Will hafta listen to the PA thing after work. Truck is looking awesome.

RIDDLE1

Yeah man, you might not even recognize it. Did you sell the Bobber? I was hopping to see what all you had done to it.

Edit: I see in your signature that you did sell it :-(. Even though I didn't have that one long I think I will always be curious about it since it was my first MV. Maybe the new owner will be at the rally with it.

Looking forward to seeing your new acquisition.
I did sell it. I fixed all the leaks and then sold it to a guy north of Tampa FL. That is the way it goes! Maybe I will keep this one longer! Haha! I am a buying/selling/trading addict.

Tonight I painted my floor boards, and touched up my logo stencil (I had to, football season is upon us). I used a medical knife instead of the exacto that I normally use and it worked great! I would hope so though because that particular bad boy is used for circumcision. [thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:
Tonight I was trying to adjust/lower the brake pedal. Didn't go to well as I broke the T45 torx socket I was using. I think I will try adjusting the nuts on the linkage instead since the torx bolt that holds the pedal shaft to the linkage is seized and I don't really feel like heating it with a torch just yet. Has anyone else made this adjustment?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks