• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Runaway multifuel 6/20/14

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to the Multi-Fuel Engine Truck Operator Manual (Mar 1977), it states "If your STOP control fizzles out on you and won't cut off the engine, here's an emergency way to stop your engine: With brakes ON and transmission in highest gear, let out the clutch and stall the engine."

Of course, it also states when starting the engine to have it in neutral, but couldn't you start it in 5th gear with the clutch in so if it started to runaway on you, all that would be needed would be to 'let out the clutch and stall the engine'? That would seem a great safety measure to ensure your engine doesn't runaway on startup. Is there something terrible that would happen by starting the truck in 5th with the clutch in???

dmetalmiki

These posts have prompted me (today) to fit ALL the multi fuels in our group with CO2 extinguishers, And make sure ALL the air intakes are loose enough to remove promptly. (they are also now linked to the engine covers by small chains.).

TsgtB

Mine was my fault for not using safety wire on the bridge over the fuel rod. It vibrated itself loose and the pin on the tip of the rod was not making contact to the shut off plate, so it just idled erratically till' i stalled it out and fixed it.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine was my fault for not using safety wire on the bridge over the fuel rod. It vibrated itself loose and the pin on the tip of the rod was not making contact to the shut off plate, so it just idled erratically till' i stalled it out and fixed it.
Glad there was no serious damage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks