• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

runing deuce on inside tires

scopionf89

I Have been thinking alot about taking the out side tires off my m35a2 and just runing on the inside tires. If only to get the light weight for a future move. I would like to know if it is safe to run a duce on just the inside tires or if this idea is realy dum and dangruss. I will be runing it empty only win I have the out side tires off.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you insist on removing 4 tires(temporarily), I would take the inner duals off, and run on the outers. You will loose alot of stability, without the outers on. Going in a straight line would be OK, but a sharp turn or an emergency maneuver might set you up for an accident.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, unless it is a temporary situation.

You could flip the rear hubs and single it out, properly.

Heavysteven

You can do that but you need to flip the hubs. There is several articles about flipping the rear hubs to single them out. Try the search or google. Maybe Clinto will post some links.

scopionf89

I am trying to lighten my m35a2 up as much as possilble. That way I can add the weight of removed items to my loaded weight. I am going to be driving my m35a2 frome one side of the country to the other pulling my daily driver.

How do I go about runing on just the out side tires? Are duce rims not interchange able?

yetti96

Still confused. If you remove 4 tires and cross the country, are you still going to take them to put them back on when you get to your destination. If you are towing some weight behind you you will want the weight on the towing vehicle, not the towed one.

Carl_in_NH

If I understand correctly, you're planning on removing 4 tires from the rear axels so you can load the truck to the 10,000 pound maximum weight for on-road operation - plus the weight of the four tires and wheels you removed (or roughly 800 pounds) as additional payload.

Let's think about that; half the normal amount of tires, and more than the maximum amount of rated on road weight (regardless of their position on the hubs).

I assume we're talking about normal 9.00 x 20 tires here - not super singles that would remain in the back.

My answer would be 'no', that would not be a wise idea.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tires are un-sprung weight. You save nothing removing them (except maybe a little fuel milage) and lose load carrying capacity. If the tires are going with you, leave them on the axles.

tm america

Ok if you gonna be running with a heavy load don't do it. Singled 9.00s don't handle much weight especially for a long road trip.You will have blow outs..I ran mine on just the inners to see what kind of a difference running singles vs. duals as far as accelleration and braking ..huge difference. But i wouldn't do it loaded .Flip the hubs get super singles that can handle the weight..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks