• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Running both A2 & A3 head lights

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the headlight switch will not handle the additional current, you must use a relay for the additional set, but what is the point? you can get 100 watt H4 bulbs that are blindly bright.

Ford Mechanic

Hey I'm fixin to install some lights and I want to run them with a relay and recomendations on the type or style? I'm assuming that a 12 volt auto relay won't do the trick. My lights are 24 volts and 70 watts each, and I'm wanting to run 2 lights on each circuit.

ccf460

Thanks for this cool idea! I just received my A3 headlight/turn signal assemblies from AA truck parts. Also ordered some of the aircraft landing light bulbs from
"Popacom". I am going to mount the aircraft bulbs in my standard headlight buckets (in the stock location), add a switch and relay to use them as auxillary spot lights.
I will mount the A3 assemblies on the fenders ala' A3 and run my stock headlight/turnsignal wiring to them. I think this will work great, especially on a bobbed deuce
with 4" of lift sitting on 52" michelins (it will lower the headlights a little closer to the road). Now, just need to finish widening the wheels for my 4 new tires leaned
up in the garage and finish up a few details on the air ride. It seems like this site is giving me ideas for my truck Waaaaaay faster than I can complete them. Thanks SS!