• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Running engine in shipping crate

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We run multifuels in their boxes. We have a radiator off a combine we bolt to the front lip of the container. The combine radiator is in a frame that easily adapts for mounting this way. We then run connections to the engine using PVC pipe and radiator hoses. We take off the engine fan blade for safety. Cooling is by means of a box fan ahead of the radiator. We run fuel lines from a 5 gallon Jerry can to the injection pump and back. We use jumpers from one of our trucks to start the motor. It works really well.
Regards Marti

cedargrove

I did the sawzall mod on the crate. Looped the cooler lines. 24v jumper to the shutoff solenoid from 2 small batteries. I couldn't get jumper cables to send enough juice to the starter so just wired up 2 batteries with regular battery cable.

Attachments

jdeoliveira74

I did the sawzall mod on the crate. Looped the cooler lines. 24v jumper to the shutoff solenoid from 2 small batteries. I couldn't get jumper cables to send enough juice to the starter so just wired up 2 batteries with regular battery cable.
you have any more pics of your setup nice job.. I will definately do the same may use a grinder though

cedargrove

noticed pressure gauge in back of head whats that for??
Oil pressure gauge. If there is an oil filter on it, remove it and dissect it. Sparkly bits would indicate a tear down would be better than a ground hop.

If no sparkly bits in the filter, I would look for oil pressure by spinning the oil pump clockwise with a drill and 5/16 bit.

If you have oil pressure and no sparkly bits, move to ground hop and compression check.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks