• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Running gas in a multifuel engine

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bottom line, by 2012, no diesels older than 2007 technology for COMMERCIAL use in Ca. That includes an out of state truck crossing the border. By 2012, there will be a bucket load of 2007 and newer trucks in the used market...kinda no different than now. It will just force the old mechanical engines out of service. No retrofits, the engine has to have the system that came form the manufacturer with, and yes, there will be inspections. RV's, pick ups older than 2002? I think and historic are exempt. Ca. leads, NYC is a very close second if not tied, then the rest of the country will do the same.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bottom line, by 2012, no diesels older than 2007 technology for COMMERCIAL use in Ca. That includes an out of state truck crossing the border. By 2012, there will be a bucket load of 2007 and newer trucks in the used market...kinda no different than now. It will just force the old mechanical engines out of service. No retrofits, the engine has to have the system that came form the manufacturer with, and yes, there will be inspections. RV's, pick ups older than 2002? I think and historic are exempt. Ca. leads, NYC is a very close second if not tied, then the rest of the country will do the same.
Arghhhh. . . .

Sumoman

I have a question which may seem silly to a person familiar with the multifuel engine. I have a M35A2 that a guy in California wants to buy to avoid the new emissions laws that are coming in to place in that state. He wants to run gasoline in the multifuel engine but has been told that you can only do that for a short period of time and that you should run it on diesel most of the time. Is this true and if not what can a guy do to run the multifuel turbo engine just on gasoline to avoid the new emission requirements?
Add an HHO generator, the HHO will burn more of the fuel making it cleaner and should not have problems passing the test.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem he's going to run into is a multifuel is a diesel whatever fuel you run in it. Just because he runs gas in it doesn't make it a gas engine. A diesel is called a diesel because of combustion process (compression ignition) not by the kind of fuel it uses. The first diesel engine ran on peanut oil.

reddogkaiser

First thing to remember is that in the Peoples Republic of crapifornia it is illegal to use WMO or WTO as fuel!!! You can burn kerosene/peanut oil mix, or gas/diesel, but if the tailpipe sniffers find waste oil of any kind you would have to sell your house to pay the fine!!!! and there are millions of tree hugging pieces of s#!t there that will be very happy to report you for too much smoke or the smell of WO!!
Sorry to say but you would probably be much better off moving to a different state!!:cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks