• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

running Hummer rims: DRW hubs, or spacers?

tacoma

Anyone got pics of H1's on DRW front hubs? Curious if, as I suspect, they stick the tire outside the fender.

Ordered a set of 2" rear spacers for now, and I've got a set of spare DRW hubs waiting at home too.

CCATLETT1984

i run the spacers, but putting the drw hubs will move the wheel mounting surface enough (actually a bit more than the spacers), just that you have to pull the hubs apart and swap your stuff over. while you have it apart you may as well have the rotors checked to see if they are true, and also put new bearings in the hubs.

Croatan_Kid

Since the beadlocks have 7 inches of backspacing, everything will look normal. If anything it will be even with the side of the fender.

Spacers are fine and dandy on the rear, but I just don't get that warm fuzzy feeling about them on the front. Of course, plenty of people run them, but I would run the DRW hubs up front. It's a simple bolt-on swap, and you can swap back to the SRW hubs easily. They also give the truck a better turning radius, believe it or not.

tacoma

M1075-- I would, if DRW's weren't cheaper and nearly as easy. :D
CCATLETT1984-- That's what I'm curious about-- whether the spacing is the same. I can't pass inspection w/tires outside the fenders, plus it looks lame, plus, for my use, that'll smash the hell out of the fenders. :D
Croatan Kid-- I am leery of spacers on the front as well. Not for any logical reason, I just don't like them.

Ok, so anyone have pictures of DRW's on their trucks? I can mock these up when I get home, but I'd rather have an idea now. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks