• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Running Waste Engine oil in the winter

beaubeau

Hello alphadeltaromeo!! How do u Spell That?!!! Just kidding!! I think I majored te cat at 760,000, with new Turbo and rebuilt head right fron Cat! It was the best running motor i have driven!! I put many miles on a 903 Cummins in a International 4200 back in 1973 That was a SCREAMER and would Bark!!Later guys. I'm bidding on another Deuice!!Phil

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
moosebgy said:
I can't remember if I've read this in any of the other threads but what about putting a magnet after the filter to help remove the finer metal particales.
After my mishap with rust flakes in the fuel I have started to look into just that and there are filters/cartridges that will accept a dougnut shaped magnet for catching magnetic particles.
Used oil may contain non magnetic particles though. Somebody should run an analysis of it after it's filtered just for peace of mind, if nothing else.

DUSTY36

I have been using an alternate fuel in my M35A2 for over 23,000 miles now.
I also installed a multi-fuel in a 94 Ford L 8000 and have put 21,000 miles on it in the last year, I have had no problems but if the temp is below 0*F I add a little more gasoline.

This is basically 30% gasoline and 70% used motor oil. A little automatic transmission oil will help mileage.

I will also add gear lube or about any other oil that will burn and mix with gasoline.

Normally I put 15 gallons of gas in a 55-gal barrel and fill it with oil, mix thourally then run it through a 5-micron fuel filter. Then I use it as if it were #2 diesel oil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks