• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Running WMO in a M1008 CUCV

kweb434

I have a question about WMO. I'm filtering WMO down to 1 micron and running it in my CUCV, 25% WMO and 75% diesel. I want to do a 50/50 for the summer. My question is do I need to add acetone or any other additives to the mix to help out.
Thanks for the input.

sandcobra164

I run 50% filtered WMO or WVO. Diesel is over $4.00 a gallon and the new diesel doesn't have much lube in it and causes problems for my truck. Mine actually runs better and doesn't hang an injector up with oil in it. I may be past 50% depending on how much WMO or WVO gets diverted from my Deuce since the CUCV is alot easier to park in a normal parking space. New AC60G's and the DH 12V to relay bypass help with the cold starting.

kapnklug

OK, first of all, diesel fuel is not a solvent, quite the opposite, it's an oil.
Second, I'd be REAL careful putting any solvent (especially acetone but including gasoline) into your CUCV in any concentration. It would never happen in my truck. Sure way to damage the injection pump seals. WVO actually has a very good lubricity, the trick is not running it too thick. The failure point is usually the shaft on the injector pump shearing off when it gets a thick cold mass of WVO.
See the alternative fuels forum.

idM1028

:ditto:

Diesel actually provides quite a bit lubrication. This is part of the reason diesels generally run longer than gas engines (but not all of it.) Standard practice for running a deuce (which does have a multifuel engine) on gas calls for adding a few quarts of motor oil to the tank to provide lubrication to the injector pump, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks