• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Russian BTR60 APC

B3.3T

Yes, I have driven several, beginning at Aberdeen in 1986. They are complex in that both engines must be running, and well, for it to move at all. The quality of the original paint and gaskets is very poor. But neat vehicle.

EZFEED

If you get that be damn sure you buy the one with the best condition suspension, transaxles, and steering boxes.
If they claim them to be running and ready to drive then have them take a video of the unit running and making turns. Also have a video made of it steering while parked. You want to watch the wheels and make sure each wheel that steers returns inline with the others. Engine parts and all that are available. The transaxle, cv shafts, and some suspension parts are not interchangable on some models and these parts will eat you alive in cost if you are not careful when you select your unit. In other words be dang sure to check the suspension.
The gas powered early models will drink your pocketbook dry, the consumption rate is astonishing. Try for a deisel version of possible. If not available then I would not hesitate to repower with a diesel. With the room given you should be able to snuggle a pair of diesels in there with no trouble and I'm sure itd be an easy conversion.

B3.3T

Aside for the numerous particularities of the BTR-60PB, sadly, they are oversized width for US roadways by a few inches. This is a big problem that can't be overcome. So, no licensing. You might as well have a tank.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always liked them and for collecting would prefer wheeled armor so it could be driven, but a prerequisite is one with a closed top deck, to avoid further water entring; I use a lot of electronics and would also attempt to air condition it. Insulated cloth batting on the inside would make it possible. $22K is a lot, especially when taking someone's word for the condition as mentioned above. I would hire a local agent to inspect it. I would bet there are plenty of former military folks in those countries that would be able to do the job and I would not mind paying for a thorough job and an honest opinion.

BTR60PB

What kind of maintainance such vehicles need?
Hi there,
They need a lot of maintainance. It is an old technology and you have to greese so many points inside the unit.
2 gaz engines are pain in the ass, making them work as one is @$#&.

You can buy one here for around $12k, though I don't know abt customs issues.