• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Russian Styled M1008A1 (1st Post)

Orlovsky

Hello Dear Reader,

Project "Big Boy Toy / Armageddon"

I purchased this vehicle in early 2010 when I got my tax returns. The reason I got it is because my Cherokee was to light and I needed something more heavy duty.
This truck is more robust than all the eight cars/trucks I have had put together, mainly to to massive drive train and simplicity.

I bought it from 100dollarman in southern California. It drove 550 miles to Chico with out a hiccup. My friends say is one of the most bad ass trucks in town, way more beastly then all the new Fords and Chevy's and Dodges driving around.(Opinions are like ass holes every one's got one)

Since then this is what I have done to the beast.
-gutted the interior to clean out all the army pollutants.
-took off communications rack/replaced with toolbox.
-bed liner on interior and bed areas.
-replaced all fluids.
-new gaskets (intake manifold/oil pan/valve covers/f&r diffs/tranny/ 2x coolant/ect.)
-popped out dents
-painted two tone (Flat Black primer)
-bug shield
-attached 75ft of chain.
-AAA pulley with hook for rear D hooks.
-Tool Box
-Welded custom Head Ache/Lumber/Roll rack
-CB Radio with PA
-Dashboard customization
-Redone Wiring harness terminals

4 Inch Lift
-4 inch front springs
-Shackle Flip rear
-Longer shocks
-drop pitman arm
-steering stabilizer
-Ubolts/longer brake lines

Wheels
-Re centered H1s 3.5 back spacing pressed centers
-37 goodyears
-pvc incert
- rockring

Most likely I am forgetting minor details.

current issues:
-No turn signals, front left is always on.
-BL wheel leaks slow (Accumulating cash for spare)
-rear view mirror keeps falling off (taking wind shield chunks with it)

Please comment, give advice, negative feedback accepted. Let me know if you want to see more pictures or what to know anything else. I am happy to help.

You guys ROCK!

Thanks for your time,
Yevgeniy Orlovsky

Attachments

Cucvnut

no for sale ad's in the forum area you need to post them in the Classifieds, cool rig man I'm in santa clara! little far from you lol.

This is what my M1008 looks like.

Is that Target in San jose off 237 and north first street?

Attachments

Orlovsky

Hey CUCVnut,

I am new to these forums, thanks for the heads up.

I originaly came to Cambell from the USSR. Lived in Cupertino, Mountain View, San Jose and can map the Santa Clara county, went to SJSU for mechanical engineering but transfered to Chico due to class availability. I am twenty four now and what you call a super senior.

I am part of two "militias"
1. SJT (San Jose Trucks)
2. Private

Your truck is very clean, and most likely well built. I have many questions to ask you, and perhaps in seek of our guidance. I am hesitant to ask.

You are right on the money! I work at Brocade, the building in the back round.
Seems like you know whats up, DUDE.

BTW: I run my truck on bio diesel and have connections to grease. I want to make a gas station, low key ATM.

Thanks For your comment,
Orlovsky

Last edited:

my86m1009

turn signal issue sounds like what i had, flasher unit is out and the light socket is messed up on the side stuck on, check and see if you are getting power to both low and high of the turn signal socket

Orlovsky

Hey My86m1009,

The flasher unit under the steering wheel;
- hazard light is broken off, most likely out. I will check with my volt meter the current/voltage at the turn signal terminals.

So far i just stick my hand out the window and merge. Not sure what you mean by low and high, though the turn signals operate at a consistent brightness in compared to the high/low beams of the headlights. (May have not correctly comprehended)

Low and High?

Thanks for the tip,
Orlovsky

my86m1009

Sorry, i mean't the running or low beam of the bulb in the front turn signal and the flashing for turning which is the high, my truck lost turn signals, i replaced the flasher unit on the fise box and it worked but a light was still lit on the dash saying my right turn signal was constantly on, i took my meter to the socket and saw that the running position wasn't getting power. I replaced the socket and it works fine now, hope this helps!

Orlovsky

My86M1009,

Please no need no apologize,

FYI: I have driven 10k (37k total) miles with no signals, as this was the way I purchased this vehicle.

I will test the terminals at the turn signals, after I replace the switch. As a broke college student food comes first.

Thank you for your intelligence,
Orlovsky

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the overall look of your truck. Love the wheels/tires also.

Hey, you're young, a student, and hungry. Never a bad thing. Peanut butter/honey sandwiches will get you by.

Welcome to the green iron disease.