• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Russian Truck forum UK

John C

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum but have been looking in on it from time to time and thought it was time to say hello, I live in Wales UK and own two soviet era Zil 131s, one's a scrapper I use for spare parts (1980) and the other is one I've been doing up (a 1972), also planning to convert it to LPG as petrol is rather expensive over here, especially when the truck likes to consume it at around 5 miles/gallon (imp)

Anyway just thought this site of which I'm a member may be of interest to some of you: www.russianmilitarytrucks.com

Regards John

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site to the both of you!

"Where do you source your bits from?", love that expression, you just can't say that with an American accent. :)

John C

Hi.

Re. parts

If you have a look at the 'Supplier' section of the forum on our www.russianmilitarytrucks.com site you will find most of the ones we use, most of our members only own trucks, however there are a few who have BRDM's, OT-90's etc so if you can't get what you want from the listed suppliers then put a post on our site and I'm sure someone will help out or point you in the right direction.

It is becoming rather difficult these days to obtain certain military vehicle parts from former eastern block countries, I believe export of the such parts etc to outside these countries has been very restricted by recent new regulations and laws designed to prevent the black market trade in these items from flourishing, however some 'dealers' do hold licenses that permit them trade and export abroad, but this does inflate the price and reduces the availability of some items, other 'sellers' do however continue to trade outside of they're countries regulations which could be potentially troublesome for them or indeed you if their found out :oops: So be careful what and where you buy from as you may end up losing your goods or worse :|

Regards John.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks