• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rust removal inside doors

CanonNinja

Looks like I'm going to have to get inside my doors, atleast the bottom half, and get some pre-cancerous rust taken care of. Im sure there's some nastiness in there, and Im debating on the easiest way to get in and get it out. I thought bout bead blasting, but it will just pile up at the bottom, not to mention probably ruin my window channels. Whats the best way to go about getting in there?

CanonNinja

99 'A3, the doors are fairly perfect from the access panel up, but there is some crud on the bottom. I wanted to try to salvage these doors since there is no rust through yet, and it beats swapping all the good hardware over and remounting, etc.

atleast that was my thought process behind it :confused:

mktopside

Banned
Strange. The A3 trucks go through a rust proofing similar to Ziebart. Should not have that much problems yet. Maybe it was along the sea somewhere.
My A3 is covered in rustproofing, but I have some rot on the inside lower corner of my drivers door. Guess it was something they overlooked.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Pour POR-15 in the bottom after washing them out. Make sure the drain holes are clean afterwards.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also take off the door and dump it is a tub of vinegar to remove the rust then coat it with Rustoleum Heavy Rust primer. Just make sure to wash it out good and let it dry before priming. A heat gun will speed up dry time.

Hey Clinto where did you buy that crane in your avitar?

Stalwart

Other than the POR-15 the best choice would be dipping them. Often after dipping a body panel, you wish you hadn't. :cry:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey Clinto where did you buy that crane in your avitar?

I didn't, some jokers changed my avatar after I mounted my #7 wrecker hoist in one of clintogf's trucks...............

Attachments

CanonNinja

oh, the bottom of the cab is perfect as well as the bed. But this was a Pineville, LA truck. has some major happenings in inside of the cab along the door seems and kick panels, as well as at the bottom of the cab in the rear. only thing I can think of was this was a Katrina truck, but with a late serial and super low hours/mileage I cant complain. other than some cosmetic issues the truck is uber solid, mechanically