• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RUST STOP

wilco

It converts the rust to a hard black coating that you can paint over in 24 hours. Have used for many years with good resaults.

kc8sfq

Wilco: please elaborate. I can't read the label and I'd like to know where to get some of this stuff. I have an antenna tower that needs a treatment before I go to the trouble of putting it up.

Thanks

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the Loctite brand in a rattle can form called extend rust neutralizer. You can control the spray better and get a even coat. Available at you local hardware store.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: RUST STOP

I made a suggestion for the Army to use this stuff back in the late 80's as it had just come out and on armor and big vehicles getting them a depot rebuild was out of the question so they started buying it in drums and used it on cracks and places they could not get to without complete disassembly. It does work good but I use Rustbullet now and it is less of a hastle.

Don't get that stuff on your hands or it will take a long while to get them clean again

NO-bama

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: RUST STOP

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I made a suggestion for the Army to use this stuff back in the late 80's as it had just come out and on armor and big vehicles getting them a depot rebuild was out of the question so they started buying it in drums and used it on cracks and places they could not get to without complete disassembly. It does work good but I use Rustbullet now and it is less of a hastle.

Don't get that stuff on your hands or it will take a long while to get them clean again

NO-bama
After seeing this thread and doing a quick search it looked like Rustbullet would be a good choice to me.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: RUST STOP

I have not seen this beforeit looks to be a high quality primer but Rustbullet could be used inside the fuel tank as well it is the best stuff I know of on the market.

I've used the above NAPA rust treatment on our M812 radiator. We coated all of the bolts where they like to rust on the bottom tank. If memory serves correctly it's milky white initially they turns to black. It's held up well so far.

Andy

2027Deuce

I used rustbullet on deuce hardtop and have had a real good result. Water had been sitting in some spots on the hardtop so I wanted to rust proof as good as I could. I used CARC paint over it with no issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks