• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rust!

lindsaym

Working my way through some small repairs on my vehicle. My floorboard has some rust issues, nothing major, just a few holes scattered about. The biggest one is about the size of a quarter. I've read some methods on the internet for repairing such holes using fiberglass puddy. Has anyone out there developed any good SOP's for dealing with small areas of rust. It's just in the floorboard, the wheel wells, frame etc look fine. Thanks guys!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you're not cutting out the rust and replacing the metal, you're just covering up the problem. Rust never sleeps.

on1wheel01

Well on my other project a 1979 Toyota Pickup I cut out the rust spots treated it with rust killer then had patch panels welded in. I plan on riveting panels in for the blazer then puttying over them and rhino lining.