• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rusty, Recovry and Panzerwillie's Wrecker Builds

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gotta tell you Kenny, having the bed sides even with the rear dual width will look so much more "professional" than wheel flares after the fact. Or is it wider than the duals? Its hard to tell from that one pic. Def a great project!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bed is wider for sure. The inner fender has been removed. I'm not sure if I will use them or cut the lip off a deuce fender. Much fab work to do before the effect of the bed will be visible. I'd like to keep the sides as narrow as possible but still enough to just cover the tires.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Dunno if it would help or not, I think I have fenders from a M353. I doubt I'll use them. Yours if ya want.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because of the way the factory sides were made, the bed floor is wider than the tail board of the wrecker bed. I will slice that extra material off so that I can flush up the bedside. You also get an idea how much bedside will be lopped off. The top rail will be modified to decend at a 45 degree angle after the bed pocket behind the wheel well. Still need to move the bedside back 3/4" to center the axle in the wheel well. Gimp, appreciate the offer on fenders. Let me try my options with stuff on hand first.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks