• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ryan's Deuce build

rronning84

Well I got my Lock out hubs today. I still have to go get proper length bolts but here is some teaser pics. Also got my CB. I hate that it is chrome but easy enough to fix. Also got the antennas mounted. I had ordered small 24" ones but traded those out for my 5' ones on my F-450. I will run this for a few days to see if I like it.

Attachments

Looks Good!!! Those 2' antennas are definitely not for the deuce but the 5' ones may be too tall and hang up on limbs and stuff a lot if you go off road. You might want to consider a 3' or 4' "Superflex" whip by K40. I have one on my Tacoma and it works great and was easy to tune. Also, on my deuce I mounted my antennas on light duty springs because I wanted them to have a lot of give when I go off road. Where are you going to mount the CB? How much longer do the bolts for the lock out hubs have be?

:beer:

rronning84

I am building a shelf in to the roof of the cab and in that I will mount the CB and a stereo in an effort to keep from hacking up the dash. The original bolts are to long. I have to get smaller ones by about two inch's

Heath_h49008

I think Jesusgatos is going white with his build as well.

Odd, but two of the coolest camperdeuces are going to be white.
If it makes you feel better, you could think of it as snow camo. Although in rronning84'd case that rainbow stripe would be snow camo for a gay pride parade...

:doghead:

rronning84

Got some progress made on the Deuce yesterday. Got my new AVN hubs installed. What an easy install. Only took a few minutes per side not counting the time I spent inspecting my hubs. They look pretty good too.

Custom built a shelf in the cab and them mounted my new CB under it. One 6" and one 6" x 9" stereo speaker will be mounted on either side of the CB and a head unit will also be mounted up there. I need to find some sun visors to put up there also. Any suggestions for a good head unit. I will probably go with the cheap Walmart stuff unless I find a good deal on a marine style one that can take the moisture.

I continued the shelf to the back of the cab and am slowly framing the whole thing in preparation for weather proofing and insulating it. On the back I installed and wired up my NOS dome lights. They work pretty darn good and I am happy with them.

Attachments

rronning84

Got a little more progress done today. I got the walls out and the floor ripped out. Found very little rust under the wood. Had to cut around a couple spots to facilitate getting the floor out. Tomorrow I will coat the metal with bedliner and then start framing it back in.

Attachments

rronning84

Got all the floor out and prepped this morning. Laid down two coats of Herculiner. This stuff does not come off the skin by the way. Also had to plas the top of the Black tank to find where it is leaking. Come to find out the black tank is build out of dead space in the shelter. Gonna have to get this fixed. Also started framing in the floor.

Attachments

rronning84

Got a lot done on Sunday afternoon.

I finished framing the floor and was able to get it insulated and plywood on it. Also started the front bench / storage box. Framed it and insulated it. That is where shore lines and breaker boxes are. The wider portion will be the floor of a closet. Got the water lines for the bathroom ran but I am taking it to a real plumber this week to do the more advanced stuff.

Dont mind the blood. I found something sharp to play with.

Attachments

Kohburn

that picture is the first time that I noticed your truck box has wheel cutouts for 3 axles not just 2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks