• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S 10 Blazer tank

combat32

I am gonna use a S-10 Blazer tank until I get mine repaired(got it for free) anyone here done this? If so what mods are required?> thanks

Mike_L

Tom,

Check over at the M37 site, G741.org. There have been several discussions over the years about using S10 tanks and how to do it. Good luck.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get longer straps to hold the tank up. That was the experience of a couple of local fellows who did the mod last year (not me, so I don't have any pics, and they are not on this site).

bdean666

i figured i would resurrect this thread instead of starting a new one seeing as it is along the same lines. I've got some questions regarding the S-10 tank swap.

my first one is regarding the S-10 sending unit.
i've included a picture and am curious about the multiple tubes and what they are all for (pretty new to this stuff here. ). there are 4 of them. two of them are wide open (nothing but a tube running from the outside to the fuel tank) so i am guessing the larger of the two is the fuel filler neck on the truck. is the other a vent? in the case of the M-37 this open valve would connect to the smaller vent tube attached to the filler neck? What did folks did to attach the small gas tank filling tube on the sending unit side to the large filler neck on the truck.

the next one has a some sort of valve attached to it and i cant figure out what it's purpose is. is it a pressure release valve? roll over? what do i need to do for it? attach a small air filter to the end, plug it?

and the last one is the fuel pick up so I'm good there.

also, what were some of the better methods used to attach the tank to the frame. ive got the stock straps that have been mentioned in this thread as working. any modifications needed? longer bolts? originally i purchased the tank straps for the S-10 and after lots of fiddling i've decided to get some more advice as things were looking pretty questionable. pictures of the mounting set up would be great.

thanks guys (and gals).

IMG_0656.jpg

Last edited: