• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-250 - m101a1

sxemike

GL has a few S-250 shelters. I know it's been done before but I might want to get one to drop in my M101. I know I'll have to cut the wheel wells a couple of inches but is there anything else to make it fit?

Also, GL says it will load a flat bed. Do yall think they'll drop it in the M101 or should I take a car trailer?

Last edited:

K9Vic

I know I have heard that if you can drop the S250 into a M101A2 it will fit, but you cannot slide it in. As for the M101A1 I would think that would be the same, but off hand I do not know if the beds are the same between A1 & A2.

If GL can lift it in the air and drop it down inside your trailer you should be fine. But you want to make 100% sure that is what they can do. Likely it is a fork lift and would be slide it on a flatbed.

rbeasley66

My first one I loaded into my utility trailer, the second one I put it in the bed of my pickup truck. Guess it depends on how far you need to travel.

They fit very well in a M105, with the tailgate down they'll fit in the M1101/1102 trailer.

The inside of mine with AC, a full size air bed and refrigerator.

Attachments

sxemike

Good news....GL said they would help load it into a pickup. Now if I get it, I don't even need to bring a trailer. :mrgreen:

AND if the GL box fall through, I found one on craigslist...

sxemike

I ended up getting my s-250 from jcappeljr.

John dropped it right in the bed of my truck. I have a short bed F250 superduty. If it had another 2 inches, I could have shut the tailgate.(after I took the extra crap off the door)

I didn't take any before pictures. but here's the first in-progress picture.

The bed is just some plywood and 2x3s. I'm using a memory foam topper for the mattress.(fullsize) It should be pretty comfortable.

There are already a few things that I'm going to need to change later. I'm kind of rushing to get it done so I can take it on a trip Saturday. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to fix the trailer so it will fit. Then I can load it Friday morning.

Attachments

135gmc

Hauling it in a pickup is the most painless way to move one. Remember to bring ratchet straps to tie it down - I used 2" straps when I picked mine up

sxemike

I got it loaded. I used some ramps and a atv winch and pull it on. I didn't get it lined up before I started up the ramps. It ended up taking me a out an hour to get it loaded. With a second set of hands I think I could have done it in 15 mins.

I had to cut 2 1/2 inches out of each wheel well. That gave me an extra inch to work with.

Attachments