• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-250 to Tampa, FL

Xanthus

S-250 to Tampa, FL

Well I have been looking at this auction in OH, but in truth I am not fixated on THAT auction.

If I can arrange transport of one of those, or another S250 that is for sale to Tampa, FL I'd be happy.

Cost of the move would need to be discussed, but I understand this is not a charity haul. Fair price will be accepted, based on balance with the cost of the shelter.

If you know of one in good shape for less, that means more room in the budget for transport.

Thanks

Last edited:

Xanthus

Sorry, just looking to see what my options are if I were to buy one of these here. I have no affiliation, but that just shows the location.

Would it be better to simply cut that and pop it in there instead of the link?

Cleaned up the edit.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you willing to travel at all to get it? 19 Oct is the GA Rally and there are OH members coming south. Perhaps you can help them offset their fuel costs and get it to th Atlanta area that is assuming someone has room for it. Nice thng about the 250 is it can be moved with a pickup truck. I'm sure one of the FL group could move it from the rally site to somehwere in the sunshine state. Your looking at moving it a little over 1000 miles so factor that into the price of the shelter.

Xanthus

I will be in Oakridge, TN 10/6/2011 - 10/8/2011. That and my labor day trip (Atlanta, GA) are likely the most I can get off from work.

I'd love to get out there, even though I have a K10 H1 not a full Humvee. I don't think it's a possibility, but I can see if I have options with friends who may be attending.

I was thinking to drive to Raleigh, NC for one from a member here while on the trip to Oakridge, but I believe it sold.

Jimma

See if you can get it delivered to the GA rally then see if Cessnatwin, rayzer or pctrans can get it back to tampa for you. Cessnatwin is in St Pete and pctrans is in the Sarasota / Bradenton area.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me look for the info on that, and if I cannot get a bid I am happy with I will look into that.

Thank you.
Xanthus, will you be driving up to Oak Ridge? Isn't that at least half way to Ohio (ok, depends where in Ohio). Have you considered driving up to get it?

Do you know you can haul an S-250 on quite a small trailer? An empty S-250 only weighs about 800 lbs. I hauled one from Denver to Knoxville area on a simple angle-iron trailer with 1200 lb capacity.

Xanthus

Considered this and know my trailer has tires that need replaced and
too tight a work schedule to get that done, finish the things I need
to on the truck, and get up there.

I even asked about delivering it to me in Oak Ridge. No fork lift available to put it on my trailer.