• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-749 shelter

oldMan99

Has anybody ever seen a S-749 shelter for sale?

Does anybody have one for sale?

I did a SS search for "S-749" and only got 2 returns, read them both, no help in either.

Thanks in advance.

oldMan99

EDITED TO ADD - This post was made in response to a post that indicated there was a shelter with plates for both the S-250 and S749. The OP of that post realized that was not correct and has deleted his post. My response below was directed towards answering that.
----------------------------------------

That is odd that any shelter would have both the S-250 and S-749 data plates on it.

They are very close in general size but the 250 has the "Cut outs" for the wheel wells of a pick up truck, giving the inside floor a small "center" with a "shelve" on each side. The 749 is a completely flat floor.

The 250 will work for what I need but I would MUCH rather have the 749 if they are available to be had.....

Images and drawings courtesy of the manufacturer (Gichner)

Attachments

Last edited:

Srjeeper

That is odd that any shelter would have both the S-250 and S-749 data plates on it.

They are very close in general size but the 250 has the "Cut outs" for the wheel wells of a pick up truck, giving the inside floor a small "center" with a "shelve" on each side. The 749 is a completely flat floor.

OM99....I was down working on the 250 today and I double checked the data plates. You are correct sir, there is only the the S250G plate on there. The other plates (7 total) are for electronic equipment, that was inside at one time, loading, rebuild, etc..

The plate I mistakenly thought was the 749 plate was about lifting & tie down. :doh:

I appologize for any confusion I may have caused and removed my incorrect post.

Good luck with your search...[thumbzup]

Attachments

oldMan99

The plate I mistakenly thought was the 749 plate was about lifting & tie down. :doh:

I appologize for any confusion I may have caused and removed my incorrect post.

Good luck with your search...[thumbzup]
LOL... No problem at all.

Looks like I'm going to need more than just luck to find a S-749 I think they are "Vaporware" as nobody has yet come forward to say that they have ever even seen one in person...lol..

Anybody?? Anybody at all???

Buler? Buler?

Maybe I can get the Goggle Master, AKA Dog Head, to find me one.... If they really exist.....

Last edited:

oldMan99

i may have one, but have no data plates, if u want to e mail me your cell number i will call U when i am at my shop and measure it for U, randyemr@aol.com
Wow... Cool...! Email inbound!

I'm not real worried about data plates, I want to use the box not read it...lol.

(I assume you saw the measurements in the drawing above? - Roughly 87x87x87 with a single door centered on one end)

Last edited:

oldMan99

Not sure what nomenclature this shelter is but definately for the back of a CUCV. 8'3'' long 7' wide

It looks a lot like the S-280, right at the same width only shorter.

At 7' wide it will not fit into the bed of a CUCV though. That is as wide as the S-250 and that sits up on the sided of the bed.

That box would be good for somebody that wanted a box on a Deuce but also wanted some bet left over.

It won't work for my current project but if it is for sale at the right price.....

Are you selling it or just wanted to share info?

Bighurt

LOL... No problem at all.

Looks like I'm going to need more than just luck to find a S-749 I think they are "Vaporware" as nobody has yet come forward to say that they have ever even seen one in person...lol..

Anybody?? Anybody at all???

Buler? Buler?

Maybe I can get the Goggle Master, AKA Dog Head, to find me one.... If they really exist.....
S-749 - Lightweight Truck Mounted Shelter

You can still get them through GSA...

at $39,387.50 each unshielded

Last edited:

HAWKMAN

It looks a lot like the S-280, right at the same width only shorter.

At 7' wide it will not fit into the bed of a CUCV though. That is as wide as the S-250 and that sits up on the sided of the bed.

That box would be good for somebody that wanted a box on a Deuce but also wanted some bet left over.

It won't work for my current project but if it is for sale at the right price.....

Are you selling it or just wanted to share info?
This is actually ment to BOLT onto a CUCV frame as it has shallow cut-outs for wheels and bolt anckors underneath, I wasn't sure of what your project was so I thought I would but this on for you to check out. Yes it is for sale if anyone is interested. Hope your project goes well for you:D

oldMan99

S-749 - Lightweight Truck Mounted Shelter

You can still get them through GSA...

at $39,387.50 each unshielded
Hey cool! You have their phone number??

Can I borrow $45,000? (I'll have to ship it you know....)

This is actually ment to BOLT onto a CUCV frame as it has shallow cut-outs for wheels and bolt anckors underneath, I wasn't sure of what your project was so I thought I would but this on for you to check out. Yes it is for sale if anyone is interested. Hope your project goes well for you:D
I see.. Yes, that would seem to make sense. I missed the wheel well cut outs. Must have been camouflaged behind all that white mess in your yard. rofl

Bighurt

Hey cool! You have their phone number??

Can I borrow $45,000? (I'll have to ship it you know....)

I see.. Yes, that would seem to make sense. I missed the wheel well cut outs. Must have been camouflaged behind all that white mess in your yard. rofl
Alas I don't have the cash but I do have an email here somewhere **shuffles papers**, yes here it is. This Prince from Nigeria has a ton of cash...

White stuff...Much of my backyard has disappeared in the stuff. All the equipment less than 24" tall is now a ripple in what appears to be a sheet of white frosting...

Mine has chocolate chips...weird.

oldMan99

Since I seem to not be finding a S-749 does anybody know of another alternative that would be within a couple inches of the same size as the 749?

Could be a military or civilian options just as long as it is heavy duty built.

Would much rather have a 749 but.....

Bighurt

Patience they'll pop up...I remember when M920'' were only going up 3-4 at a time...now they come and go in somewhat hirgher quanities. Just keep and eye out.

What is good for you is that they are still made which means they aren't likely to be gone from GL forever like the M35's at some point.

Or you could settle there are a dozen GSS-1497 coming up in a week.

They are longer at 102" vs 88" and narrower at 81" vs 88" and shorter as well.

I find it funny that the S-749 is 88" cubed...

Best of Luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks