• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-788 shelter

04mustang

Does anyone know what generator is supposed to go into the generator tunnel of a s788 shelter?
I bought one from GL and it has AC installed but the generator has been removed.
Thank you,
Corey

Action

What happens to the taillights when this shelter is put on? Or does it require a mounting base similar to the s-250 base which had taillight extensions on it?

04mustang

What happens to the taillights when this shelter is put on? Or does it require a mounting base similar to the s-250 base which had taillight extensions on it?
From what I can see it just mounts in the bed and bolts to the fender. its a S-788 shelter that was designed shorter so it doesn't overhang the rear of the truck and leaves the tail lights in place.
For the normal S-788 shelters I believe there is a mounting area under the rear of it for the tail lights to be relocated.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I can see it just mounts in the bed and bolts to the fender. its a S-788 shelter that was designed shorter so it doesn't overhang the rear of the truck and leaves the tail lights in place.
For the normal S-788 shelters I believe there is a mounting area under the rear of it for the tail lights to be relocated.
it requires a little more then bolting it to the fender. It uses a frame and support on the airlift bumper.
here is a truck I finished a few months back.

Attachments

04mustang

That shows the full length s788. The shorted on doesn't stick out the back like that. It stops at the tailgate. With the tailgate being removed.

04mustang

Here is my exact one. I brought it home today.
600 lbs.
My current plans are to build this into an expedition trailer mounted on to a m101 trailer frame. What I want to do first is to take a generator and hook it up and check out the electrical side of it. Then I need to get the AC system recharged and check it out.

Attachments

beezdoit

Do you have a source for the center-bonded bushings used to mount the shelter to the frame/bracket? I can't seem to find them...

And have you found a good way to fix damage to the skin? I was going to just cut out an aluminum panel and rivet/cement it, as I'm guessing the skin isn't weldable. Think it would be possible to alumaweld it?

Thanks!

Brian

Guyfang

Staff member
MEP-903 10kw APU.
That will be TM 9-6115-670-14&P. There is a copy posted in the forum. A while back, I remember someone in SS had one or two of them extra. Didn't know what they were for, and wanted to know what he could do with them. They might still be around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks