• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-788 Shelter

zguy1243

I am currently trying to get my hands on a shelter. I am have been looking and still am for a S-250. I just recently ran across the S-788. The S-788 is **** nice and perfect for my idea to use it as a radio room. Is there anyone out there that has bought a 788 and can tell me what one should sell for? Also are the racks in them standard 19" rack mounts? If anyone has a 788 can post me some pics of of insides and pass some info on the racks that would be great. Now who has one they will sell me?

Thanks,

I have not seen any S788's sell yet. I don't even know how many are in service use, to be sold at a later date. Like everything, the price will be high if the demand is high. You may be better off continuing your search for an S250.

zguy1243

Was able to score a S-788 shelter this morning in great shape with all kinds of extras. The shelter has all the racks and desk items still with it, also had all the generator mounts and AC mounts. I would like to find the generator that mounted under this thing. Anyone know what unit it used? Will post picks of the setup today.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one last year off GL, Its on an aluminum slide rack, 3 cyl kabota diesel 10kw, I can post some pictures with the nomenclature plate if your interesred..Comes with a slave control panel and external tank, and it's liquid cooled. I have this as a back up for my place.

zguy1243

Any more shelters to be had? I missed out on one from GL awhile back.

No this was a single shelter that I bought from a private owner. The 788's seem to be really hard to find from I can tell. If you are looking for a nice S250 I know where there are about 20 in Georgia that are really nice.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No this was a single shelter that I bought from a private owner. The 788's seem to be really hard to find from I can tell. If you are looking for a nice S250 I know where there are about 20 in Georgia that are really nice.
For the right price I might go for it. CAn you shoot me a PM with the info?

Thanks!

zguy1243

Here are the pics. Took all day to get it clean and inventory parts. Was able to get it clean and a fresh coat of sea foam green in the insides. Now the hellish task of putting it back together begins. Is anyone aware of a wiring diagram for the electrical systems on a 788?

Attachments

jamieboy

Very nice shelter. Great job on the inside so far. Do you know what these were originally designed to be transported on? What are you going to use to get yours around, or will it be
based at home? Keep up the good work, and keep us up to date. :p All my Radios would look good in there!!!!![thumbzup]

zguy1243

Very nice shelter. Great job on the inside so far. Do you know what these were originally designed to be transported on? What are you going to use to get yours around, or will it be
based at home? Keep up the good work, and keep us up to date. :p All my Radios would look good in there!!!!![thumbzup]

This one I plan on and getting all the racks, AC, Generator back like it was in mil service them loading in my radio gear. I have alot of cool Watkins Johnson, Racal, Harris and such rack mount gear that will make for a nice comm shack. I am building a custom trailer to mount it on so it can be pulled with a van or pickup. gonna do a 2 axle trailer and add some jacks/levelers to each corner of the trailer. Plan on respraying the shelter and trailer to match when finished with lusterless green.

twa@ezdn.net

They just sold some in MD, heard in another thread they went for big bucks, I missed the auction #$@#@. would look nice on a M101 frame. Still watching...

Very nice

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jamieboy - these were designed to be hauled on the back of a HMMWV. They would look good in a deuce bed as well, with room to spare....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks