• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

?'s about deuce

bmH1065

I have many questions, but for now a couple.

I am having a problem with the passanger door opening from the outside. I used lots of WD40 and the plunger comes out real slow. When you try easy shutting the door, it won't latch. When you slam it shut, it won't open from outside even with inside handle down. Looks like lots of work to remove and replace latch but will probably have to do that. Was wondering if it is a lube problem or parts replace?

The guy I bought it from when I asked him about last oil change told me that the Army had gone through all fluids before he bought it. He owned it several years but didn't drive it much. Was wondering how often oil needs to be changed in low usage? Other's, I change at least once a year no matter how little they have been driven but they don't hold 22 quarts.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: ?

Yeah, about what the P.O. said, I don't think he would know if they changed the fluids or not. Oilcan was told the same thing, and had his T case burn up from lack of fluids. I would change the motor oil and check everything else for the proper level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks