• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-W CARC alternative? Polane-S Plus?

CanonNinja

This paint is the recommended alternative to their CARC paint, still a urethane-based paint without the regulations. This coming from someone at the S-W Chemical Coatings toll-free number.

Think I should get a gallon to try? Or just stick with Rapco? Doesn't look like I'm getting any CARC 686a anytime soon :cry:

Nonotagain

The only thing that CARC does that Polane dosen't is scatter IR signals.

My PPG can get me all of the Sherwin Williams CARC I want provided I sign the no export letter.

As long as you order Green 383, fed standard color # 34094 , Brown 383, fed standard color # 30051, Tan 686A, fed standard color # 33446, Black, fed standard color # 37030, Aircraft Green, 34031, or Aircraft Gray, fed standard color # 36300 life will be good.

CanonNinja

hmmmm... my SW store wouldnt budge on the individual sales thing, but I might have to find a PPG store or beg a friend's body shop

Nonotagain

hmmmm... my SW store wouldnt budge on the individual sales thing, but I might have to find a PPG store or beg a friend's body shop
You might still have a problem, as my rep does military and aerospace coatings and I specify and test these coatings for a living, not automotive coatings.

My company uses more CARC from Hentzen than from SW, as I get a better price from Hentzen.

If you were coming to Aberdeen in May, I could probably hook you up with some CARC. All I would need would be the signature on the non-export license paper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks