• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-W CARC alternative? Polane-S Plus?

CanonNinja

This paint is the recommended alternative to their CARC paint, still a urethane-based paint without the regulations. This coming from someone at the S-W Chemical Coatings toll-free number.

Think I should get a gallon to try? Or just stick with Rapco? Doesn't look like I'm getting any CARC 686a anytime soon :cry:

Nonotagain

The only thing that CARC does that Polane dosen't is scatter IR signals.

My PPG can get me all of the Sherwin Williams CARC I want provided I sign the no export letter.

As long as you order Green 383, fed standard color # 34094 , Brown 383, fed standard color # 30051, Tan 686A, fed standard color # 33446, Black, fed standard color # 37030, Aircraft Green, 34031, or Aircraft Gray, fed standard color # 36300 life will be good.

CanonNinja

hmmmm... my SW store wouldnt budge on the individual sales thing, but I might have to find a PPG store or beg a friend's body shop

Nonotagain

hmmmm... my SW store wouldnt budge on the individual sales thing, but I might have to find a PPG store or beg a friend's body shop
You might still have a problem, as my rep does military and aerospace coatings and I specify and test these coatings for a living, not automotive coatings.

My company uses more CARC from Hentzen than from SW, as I get a better price from Hentzen.

If you were coming to Aberdeen in May, I could probably hook you up with some CARC. All I would need would be the signature on the non-export license paper.