• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

s250 shelter

TACTICAL6

Have any of you guys mounted an S250 shelter in your deuce? Just wondered how that would work with the cargo cover and all. I thought it might make a good camping/commo shelter, if it all fit under the cargo cover nicely. Then of course room for cots/gear just outside the shelter, under the cover??? Anybody done it???

PICs please......

KsM715

IIRC its been asked before and it wont fit under the cargo cover. I can get dimensions off my shelter if you need them. ( I dont know the height of the cargo cover corners)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you decide to try it, John More(postman) has a 250 available and I have an extended height cargo cover in nice shape available. Should make for a cool setup. Been thinking about doing it myself, but with the 120gal fuel tank I'm adding to the bed, I would loose too much room.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Freightrain had one mounted in his deuce...good camping outfit he said.
The tarp won't fit though, and hope nobody shuts the tailgate or the door won't open enough to get out...he had that problem at the GA Rally..:roll::roll::roll:...don't know how it happened.8)

Gimps extended cover might work...donno:grd:

KsM715

I just went out and measured my S250. 70" tall by 79.5" wide. It might fit under the cover. Now that I think of it, the thread I was thinking of may have been a 250 in a M105

Edit: if you pull the skids off the bottom that might gain you about 1.5" or 2"

TACTICAL6

Thanks for the replies. I may give it a try. May need to horse-trade with gimp for the extended cover. Anyone know of a source for them in Ohio.....?

KsM715

yes and no. It has been reported that they will fit if you drop them in from the top but will not slide in from the back. If you look on the corners of the shelter you will see they have corner gussets that stick out wider than the actual shelter body.

I have both a 250 and a 101, if anyone nearby has a wrecker I'm more than willing to confirm this.

135gmc

I wanted more headroom in my 135, so I measured and installed slip-on extenders on the steel cargo box bow risers - I was able to raise the headroom by 3", and still had plenty of canvas to tie down.