• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S280 Questions

battlecattle

Before I go crazy on a few hinges that are very stiff, does anyone know how they are put together? Is it just a standard pin style hinge? Can I get replacements? Any info would be great before I go destroying a hinge that I need. Lubing it has not seemed to work so far.

-Josh

cucvrus

Before I go crazy on a few hinges that are very stiff, does anyone know how they are put together? Is it just a standard pin style hinge? Can I get replacements? Any info would be great before I go destroying a hinge that I need. Lubing it has not seemed to work so far.
Try applying heat with a propane torch and tap lightly on the hinge pin. Apply lube when cool and repeat. It will take a while but you can get it loose be patient.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another simple try, heat with heat gun or torch and melt wax(candle or parrafin block) and it will be drawn in.

Jeepsinker

You can do the same with penetrating oil. Heat it and spray the oil on it until it cools and it'll draw the oil in. Don't breathe the smoke, it is some bad stuff. Be careful not to melt the surrounding aluminum.

battlecattle

I will give it a shot with my heatgun tomorrow with lube, then try wax and finally more heat. Thanks for the ideas everyone for some reason I am nervous about these 4 hinges.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks