• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S89 B/G Comm Shelter for M37

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I happened to find a Communication Shelter that fits into the back of the M37 with the troop seats still installed but folded upright. The plan is to restore this to an operational mobile radio shelter but not necessarily with the old teletype equipment.
Its OK to hate me for not restoring it to original, I want to be able to use the gear that I install.
I'm not going to hack it up and make a camper out of it. I'll likely use some of the Military radios that I have along with some modern radios and likely set it up with a mobile repeater.

So with all of that out in the open.......I'm looking for assistance finding some of the missing parts OR if someone has one of these shelters and is able to provide dimensions for items that are missing on mine. I will be fabricating the rear window on the door, the tracks for the window cover and the sliding cover itself.

I have a multitude of M37 parts that I'm willing to trade for pieces or parts that help me complete this Shelter project. I travel frequently from S.E. WI to S.E. TN so if you happen live in that corridor, pickup and drop off of parts could be an option.

I have pictures of my shelter and screenshots from RADIO NERDS website of the items that are missing on my shelter.

Data plate #1
Data plate #2
Top channel that the window hinges on.
Opening that the window goes into.
The window that I need to fabricate. Picture from Radio Nerd website
I do have the inside window screen / frame for the inside but not the latch arm for the window.

The window cover tracks, along with the window cover that I need to fabricate. I also need to know how the window cover is retained in the upper position. Picture from Radio Nerd website.
I need two of these Amphenol #32 covers with internal threads if anyone has a couple laying around.
I'm also looking for a boarding ladder. Random picture from the internet.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be happy to provide dimensions. PM me a list and a way to email you drawings.
I'm sending you a PM with the information of parts dimensions that I need and my contact information. Thank you so much for offering to assist in this information request. I will continue to post progress in this thread as I fabricate parts.

Bert

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come to find out, my shelter is a S-46A used with the AN-GRC46 A, called the "lightweight shelter". You have a S-89B/G. Sorry for the false lead.
No problem NDT, I do see that the fuel tank for the heater seem to be very similar, do you have the stock heater in your shelter? Could you post or send me photos of the fuel tank and it mounting brackets?

Regards,
Bert

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at all my shelter TM's and the S-89B/G is so long gone, that there is nothing on the CD. Have you tried Radio Nerds? Or Liberated Manuals?
I started my search on Radio Nerds which was a wealth of pictures but no TMs. I'm still searching through Liberated Manuals for bits and pieces. Thank you for looking and reporting in on your findings.

Regards,
Bert

Guyfang

Staff member
I started my search on Radio Nerds which was a wealth of pictures but no TMs. I'm still searching through Liberated Manuals for bits and pieces. Thank you for looking and reporting in on your findings.

Going to be hard to find anything, as the S89B/G has been out of the system a long time. That means no PDF, unless someone had a copy and scanned it. Do not give up the fight. You never know where you might find it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks