• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sad Day for Ft. Drum

YankeeDuece

Ken Lien from the Ft. Drum DRMO died last night.

Anybody that has purchased a vehicle from there knew Kenny and liked him.

Details of his death and ceremony are limited. If anybody from the Watertown, New York area can post the details from a local paper it would be appreciated.

mangus580

Wow, that is sad. Ken was a GREAT guy!

He will be missed for sure...

I will see what I can find out. A friend of mine was friends with him.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
God Bless Him. He is a true Navy man being buried at sea. My fathers only wish in death was to be buried at sea and my mom just couldn't handle that. He will be missed.

joec

God saw you getting tired. and a cure was not to be. So he put his hands around you and whispered "Come to ME". With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away.
Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us, HE ONLY TAKES THE BEST.

God Bless him and his family. I hate typing took awhile to do that. But that says it best.

paintslinger16

I am sorry I could have posted here sooner, I just remembered this morning about the SS site. Still not thinking quite straight. Anyway I see the SS online was pretty quick with a posting. I know you probably are but let everyone know that is not online. I lost my contact list when I left the contract. Ken was really a great guy and is going to be missed at Fort Drum, I still can't believe it....

Rob

jatonka

I want to thank the guys who posted the OBIT details and for those who have mentioned Kenny"s qualities. There will never be another DRMO guy like Ken Lien. He was for the little guy. He said to me one day in 03, AS long as you people are willing to buy property from the US Gov't, I will always load you and get you off the base, no matter what GL says. If you are willing to spend your hard earned dolllars on your own surplus, I will ALWAYS load you and get you off the Base(Fort Drum,NY). John Tennis and Doghead