• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sad Day, watched it drive away....

91W350

My 1972 M35A2 just left, a new owner at the wheel. What a wonderful truck he got. I hope he treats it well and it does the same for him. She will be headed for Oklahoma, close to the Texas panhandle. Other than an alternator and axle seals, it was a trouble free truck. I just hope I can find one or build one that runs as good for close to the same money.

Selling came about kind of backwards. I bought a M35A2C that was beautiful, a really clean truck. I do not like the drop side bed, so I decided to sell it. I offered choice of trucks for the same money to two buyers, thinking they would want the 2C, they each bought one, so now I am deuceless. I have to admit, it was really hard to watch it go.

I kept my word though and sold them like I said I would, even if it hurt.... Glen

hdmax

I bet it's as hard as standing up to give your only daughter away at her wedding.
Good luck finding another one! They seem to be getting harder to find at reasonable prices.

flyxpl

I have had three deuces leave me so far . I hated to see each one of them go , but you just can't have everything .

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is always hard to sell something you really like and do not want to sell.
But you will find a better one.:beer:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet it's as hard as standing up to give your only daughter away at her wedding.
Good luck finding another one! They seem to be getting harder to find at reasonable prices.
Uhh, overstating things a bit maybe? I'd roll every vehicle I got off a cliff for my family.

Jersey4x4

I always thought that too until I just looked at an M818 with a blown cummins and the guy said he was just driving it and it stopped. Now it is seized up tight. I was thinking about buying it but not sure.

Wow...a blown engine...someone was doing something really wrong to make a Cummins 250 spit parts onto the street!

91W350

This one has a picture window in the side of the block, looks like exit stage right. I assume a rod escaped. It still cranks over... Maybe it will run a little ways on five.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold my M715 a couple of weeks ago to a fellow SS member. I trailered it 75 miles to him. It sure was hard looking in the rear view mirror when I left. :-(

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I hope ya stay in the "Deuce" market, have grown to really appreciate your wisdom! Can't imagine watching the "Raven Deuce" drive away, but think it would be difficult. If you do go "5ton" please come and visit your little brothers in the "Deuce" forum? Good luck, Glen!
God bless,

Tony

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't enjoy watching the M275A2 drive away but I got over it. I have a video of it leaving the AO. My little one gave me a disgusting look when it left.

91W350

Bud Boy was classic. He was out in the yard off leash. He started to chase it. I called him back, he looked over his shoulder, head tilted, ears locked forward, as if to say that's our truck.. I had to call him a second time, he does enjoy his deuce! He came inside and plopped down outside the shower while I cleaned the sweat and pre trip dirt of.. Then he followed me to the chair and just watched, almost in disbelief. Poor boy, stuck in a M1008 again! Glen

91W350

Called the buyer, he made it to Dodge City to bed down for the night. Truck is running great, he said the front engine seal is leaking and the driver's door will not latch. He thinks it is missing me. I offered a full refund and I would go get it, but that is not happening. He is over halfway home now, downhill southerly run from there. Glen

91W350

Personally, I hope ya stay in the "Deuce" market, have grown to really appreciate your wisdom! Can't imagine watching the "Raven Deuce" drive away, but think it would be difficult. If you do go "5ton" please come and visit your little brothers in the "Deuce" forum? Good luck, Glen!
God bless,

Tony
Thanks for the kind words Tony, you are stuck with me, I love the deuces. We have three that need attention at Riley to pick up yet. The instrument panel wiring was cut on all three. I know they probably have some issues, but I would like to get them running and sell them rather than see them go to the crusher. One has flipped hubs and is on 1100s. We picked up a couple of M820s and I plan to raid the wiring and gauges to finish or fix the deuces. Glen

Last edited:

jsthnt@gmail.com

Glen
I could always send mine down there so you have something to turn a wrinch on. Then you would have one to get the other three home. I do miss driving mine every day too. But all I have to do is figure out how to get that feul line to stop leaking. Or just decide to help the asphalt stay fresh.
Good luck on those three. I don't think it will take much to get them to run.

Bighurt

:cry:

I've been on the fence before but right now nothing could buy my fleet. Wish I had know it was for sale, she ran real good would have taken her off your hands in a heartbeat.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been there 91W350, 3 times. Each one sucked but a little less. I still keep in contact with the owners and so far they are running strong! :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks