• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

safari racks for m1009

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a large aluminum and steel roof rack on several M1009's I hauled heavy tires and wheels on top many miles and used it for carrying wood and parts. Never had an issue with cracks. I used 3/8" carriage bolts and inside plates to mount mine. Of course the smooth part was inside the truck. Not like some I've seen with 1" on threads hanging inside. Skull splitters. Good Luck.
Thanks Does it mater which way mounting rails run? Parallel to the truck or perpendicular?
I'm looking at these. Vantech M1009B M1000 Series Pickup Rack System on Ebay but the are $169.20

Bluegrasscolonel

I am newbie-newbie. I am the proud new owner of a 1984 M1009 and with little (some but not a lot) of auto repair experience. However, I love to learn. One of the the things I want to do is add a roof rack. Did you get yours as an after market & if so what brands? If not, are their plans somewhere?

cucvrus

I have one mounted on an M1009 roof. I can get pictures for you if you are interested. I will sell it because I have no use for it anymore. It is a very well made one and is aluminum. I have the top with the factory civilian black glass and the rear gate glass in mirror black also. the gate glass was brand new and had a few miles on it before my Son crashed the M1009 back in 2008. Make a road trip and come get the whole deal. I will sell it all. DSCF4234.JPG.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks