• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Safe M1009 tire size

MT4222

Hi everyone I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for. What is the safest tire size to run on my stock 10 bolt axles without breaking anything. I am going to do a 4 inch suspension lift. I am thinking of either 33" or 35" . Thank you

cucv1833

Hi everyone I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for. What is the safest tire size to run on my stock 10 bolt axles without breaking anything. I am going to do a 4 inch suspension lift. I am thinking of either 33" or 35" . Thank you
Im sticking with 33"s with the setup of my Oh-9. Due to gearing, locker, and low power.

I know lots of people with stock Half-ton chevys 10 bolts running 35s and bigger but they have better gearing overdrive and no locker and more power compared to the oh-9.

KsM715

What do you plan on doing with the truck? You can make your axles survive 37's or larger if you just toot around town like grandma. But if you want to go wheeling I'd go no larger than 33's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks