• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Safety fuel shut-off

rustystud

I like the K.I.S.S. method.

Now it's all fine in theory. I'm not willing to kill all of my intake manifold gaskets to test my theory.
That's also a reason I went with the fuel shut-off valve. Those full air shutoffs can damage the engine ie: blown gaskets even busted manifolds. Remember the engine is still spinning over 2600 rpm's (usually the rpm when you pull the trigger and stop a runaway) so it will take awhile before it spools down. During this time it is still trying to suck in air at a rate of around 800cfm's . That's quite a vacuum cleaner ! So if I have a runaway because the injection pump is acting "wonky" I don't want to cause anymore more damage to my engine shutting it down. Of course in the worst case scenario it is better to replace blown gaskets or manifolds. So a mix of fuel shut-off valve and air shutoff would be the best.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That's also a reason I went with the fuel shut-off valve. Those full air shutoffs can damage the engine ie: blown gaskets even busted manifolds. Remember the engine is still spinning over 2600 rpm's (usually the rpm when you pull the trigger and stop a runaway) so it will take awhile before it spools down. During this time it is still trying to suck in air at a rate of around 800cfm's . That's quite a vacuum cleaner ! So if I have a runaway because the injection pump is acting "wonky" I don't want to cause anymore more damage to my engine shutting it down. Of course in the worst case scenario it is better to replace blown gaskets or manifolds. So a mix of fuel shut-off valve and air shutoff would be the best.
Just pipe a co2 fire extinguisher into the intake.

rustystud

Just pipe a co2 fire extinguisher into the intake.
Actually that's pretty much what the busses have. There is a 30 gallon tank of flame retardant and sensors all over the engine in case of fire. There is also an emergency switch located by the driver which they can activate manually to flood the engine bay which also kills the engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks