• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Safety Rims on M35A2

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the secret to breaking down the standard deuce tire is having the right tools. For me, thats a tire SLIDE hammer (same one ToddM is using in that picture)
here is how to basically do it.
1. Remove valve core
2. Spray some lube (I used WD-40) on the lip of the rim/tire.. Seems to make it come off easier for me.
3. Start the slide hammer operation. A bang or 2, then move 6 inches, and repeat. Repeat again, then repeat until you get the tire bead broken and the tire is totally "free" of the rim.
4. Flip tire over, repeat step 3.
tire will now be free of the rim. Seperate rim from tire, remove old tube.

I cleaned up my rims, and brought them to the local truck tire shop so they could install new tubes and my new 9x20's. I dont have a tire cage, and I have seen the power of an exploding ring. Well worth the cost of no danger/bodily harm to me. Cost was $20 per tire for the tube AND installation of putting my tire on the rim.

The key for disaseemnbly is the slide hammer.. NOT a pick like the guys used in the motorpool...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks