• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saginaw, TX inspection assistance needed

oldMan99

Saginaw, TX - Auction starts 1/7/11.

I am hoping to find somebody willing/able to go look at a couple trucks for me and advise on quality/issues, maybe help me pick 1 or 2 to bid on. Maybe If I'm really lucky take a few extra pictures....

Please PM if you are able/willing.

Thanks in advance!!

oldMan99

There are some gems in the Saginaw trucks, but keep in mind all were sent there for rebuild!
Well that is good to know!

Just to be clear, if it is in the Saginaw, TX. lot then somebody thought it was rough enough to need rebuilding/remanufacturing or I suppose selling?

Is that different from the other GL lots? Does each lot have a specific .. use? (not sure how to put that?)

I would consider going there the day before the auction closes and do my own inspecting and then go back the next day and bid but I understand that you can not bid on site anymore?

There has got to be somebody close to the lot that knows these trucks, I just hope they check in here soon.. :) !!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saginaw, TX (right north of Fort Worth), is the home of the TXRSMS, or Texas Readiness Sustainment Maintenance Site. They have a web site of sorts. They do for a living what we do for fun: Take in broke trucks, strip them down to the frame, and build them back as new. They have been rebuilding the M915-M916-M920 trucks for years now, until the decision to retire the fleet came down from TACOM. Not completely sure why the "other" "newer" trucks are on the block.

M1075

Overall, I have had pretty good luck with Saginaw trucks. A lot of them have fluids drained, as to prevent EPA issues while the trucks wait for rebuild. I have cleared the Rotella from the shelves at the Saginaw Wal-Mart on more than one occasion. With a quick service and a jump, I have been able to drive trucks home. However, I have also gotten some cannibalized trucks that required more $$$ in parts than I paid for the truck.

You can bid on site, as long as you are doing it online from a wireless device!

Well FWIW I was already planning to go there tomorrow morning to look at a couple of trucks - however, as you can probably guess from the number of posts I've made on SS (grand total of 1 - this being it!) - I'm a total NEWB! I'm hoping to get my first MV very, very soon and since I'm only a little over an hour from Saginaw thought I'd go scout out a few of GL's MVs in person. Spoke with the Hooks site manager earlier this afternoon and am meeting him in Saginaw around 07:30.

BUT I know absolutely ZERO about these trucks. I'm more focused on M35's and to be honest don't know a whole lot about those yet either - other than what I've learned while lurking on this website and a few others, and what I've gotten from my nephew (E4 stationed at Ft. Hood).

All that being said, I'm more than happy to eyeball some of the trucks for you and take some iPhone pics if that will help. Also, I am pretty good at following directions so if you want to tell me what to look for maybe I can be somewhat of a decent info source for you? :mrgreen: I have been around heavy equipment a bit, so that might help in my eyeballin' but probably not too much I'm guessing.

Anyway - happy to do what I can for you just let me know how I can best help out. Hopefully someone will return the favor and look at some MVs for me in the very near future. I've got my eye on a few at other auctions, including an upcoming couple of lots at Pineville, LA.

oldMan99

Well FWIW I was already planning to go there tomorrow morning to look at a couple of trucks - however, as you can probably guess from the number of posts I've made on SS (grand total of 1 - this being it!) - I'm a total NEWB! I'm hoping to get my first MV very, very soon and since I'm only a little over an hour from Saginaw thought I'd go scout out a few of GL's MVs in person. Spoke with the Hooks site manager earlier this afternoon and am meeting him in Saginaw around 07:30.
PM Sent!! Thanks!

And not to worry, for what I need you'll be just fine!

OSO

A lot of 5 tonsdown there now 10 hrs left Should have posted this sooner anyone down there that can look in future and help getting off location and ready for transport, for future sales? PM if avaible Thanks oso

A lot of 5 tonsdown there now 10 hrs left Should have posted this sooner anyone down there that can look in future and help getting off location and ready for transport, for future sales? PM if avaible Thanks oso

Unfortunately, I can't help with this sale - heading up to Hooks today to pick up some auction prizes. May be able to help with future sales though. Just let me know when something comes up in the future that you'd like me to help you with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks