• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salamonie Reservoir Indiana 10-28-10

raiburn

It was cold and windy out there. This trail through the woods used to be a double yellow line highway before they flooded the valley long ago. It goes over two old eroding bridges.
Just sharing my little adverture today.
Its' vastly different landscapes are eerie and strange. These weird tree stumps are evil. I feel like I'm on Mars or something.

Also, there is a hidden '09 in one of these pics. (Where's Waldo?)

Attachments

Last edited:

raiburn

Some more pics of the old highway, and other weird, and or evil stuff. That is my cousin Ben, not me.
More possible Where's Waldo sightings...

Attachments

BloodCarver

Nice outing, love the pictures. I am nearby to that area with my M1008, maybe we can get together for a tandem exploration some time?
I used to fish the area by "Lost Bridge" in Mt. Etna with my Grandfather when I was younger. Is the entrance to this trail down by the old boat ramp? I always wanted to take those trails but his Ford F150(2WD) really didn't like the terrain too much, not to mention we were hooked up to boat trailer(16ftL Lowe Panfisher setup). LOL.
I hope to acquire a M101A2 trailer soon to convert to an offroad camper/base camp tender. That should be able to make the trail in question, don't you agree? Was there room to maneuver a trailer on the trail?
It would be a better choice than our old pop up camper. The camper we have has seen better days, it is "time to send it out to pasture." LOL.
If ever interested, shoot me a PM.

Scarecrow1

Thanks for the pics It looks like a great place to hike and camp in not to mention hunting and fishing too ..I have seen trees like the one you took with the spikes on them man they will make you back up in a hurry won't they .Thanks again :)