• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sale 4991- EUCs stuck at GL?

FM5332FF

I messed up on one spot of my EUC, I needed to revise it, They said it will be sent off to Battle Creek as soon as they get the revisions, I Hope that is tomorrow. I emailed it directly to the person in charge of my EUC.... Then it should only be a couple more days at battle creek, This is my 5th Euc.

RDUKW

Mine was finally sent today as well. I had to threaten them after they lied to me for a couple of weeks and that was the only way they would get anything done.

Ryan

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
This is exactly how accounts get locked out.
No one in Customer Service (and I use that term loosely where GL is concerned) is obligated to inform you if there is a glitch.
I was told this by the head POGUE after my card was refused due to expiration date (my card was good.....I just had not re-submitted expiration date).
Anytime my EUC has not hit Battle Creek in a couple of days I go on the offensive.

RDUKW

My paperwork was all clean they just never looked at the papers and sent them to battle creek. I have several emails stating they would review it no later then tomorrow and get it sent to battle creek, that was a couple of weeks ago.

Ryan

FM5332FF

GL Told me if it was my first that it could be up to 60 days before it would get back from when they sent it out, But mine was not my first so it was only around 7. Just hang in there though, the first one takes the longest, then after that they will only take days.

Kohburn

Talked to a helpful woman on the phone this morning and she informed me that they have a new policy in place as of about a week ago. They will email you on day 6 with a status if your euc was recieved or not so that you can follow up.

I guess they don't want to be bothered prior to that.

I was the high bidder on a Deuce in Event 4991. This was the first time I've ever won an item with the EUC requirement. I sent in my initial paperwork on Feb 8. On March 6, I got a notice that I needed to make corrections. I did this by their deadline, which was March 9, and immediately emailed it back to them.

GL received my paperwork and the message I have in my account is that everything has been sent to Battle Creek, but it's coming up on two months now.

Not being familiar with this process, can anyone tell me what takes so long? What do they do that requires so much time? I have sent all information requested, in the meantime I have nothing to show for the money I paid. :sad:

Thanks in advance for any help you can give to a noobie,

LC

LanceRobson

LC, it isn't just an issue with first time buyers. I have bought a lot of vehicles and trailers from GL and have bought several in the last year. My EUCs for 4991 and 5007 were pulled for a "periodic assessment" in which they take a closer look than usual at the paperwork and the applicant. I got the invoices for both those events and for event 5068 all on the same day, last Wed.

I know it's a PITA but keep your chin up.

Lance

LC, it isn't just an issue with first time buyers. I have bought a lot of vehicles and trailers from GL and have bought several in the last year. My EUCs for 4991 and 5007 were pulled for a "periodic assessment" in which they take a closer look than usual at the paperwork and the applicant. I got the invoices for both those events and for event 5068 all on the same day, last Wed.

I know it's a PITA but keep your chin up.

Lance
Thanks, Lance, but I guess I am just not sure what takes so long. Can anyone tell me what GL does with the information you supply? Does it entail a background check or something? It just seems that it shouldn't take this long if they are just making sure that all the "i's" are dotted and all the "t's" are crossed.

Thanks,

LC

LanceRobson

LC, GL doesn't do anything with it. They forward it to the Defense Logistics Agency who verifies that you are who you say you are, that you you can legally buy the item etc.

Gl reviews it to try to be sure that the form is filled out correctly and that it will clear the DLA review but it's the DLA folks in Battle Creek, MI who look at the content.

Lance

lonegunman

I won a truck in January, paperwork went in within a week and went to Battle Creek, it took until the first week of April to come back and that was considered normal. About 70 days start to finish.

I just received an email today from GL telling me they are going to give me a full refund according to my request. It was for a 5-ton XM813 and a 6.2 L in a nice storage case. At this point, I would rather have the $5800 so my wife will possibly be a nice person once again. I emailed GL back and asked them how long it is going to take for the refund, and have not heard back yet. Stay tuned...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks