• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salt Spreaders

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone had any experience with mounting salt spreader on CUCVs?
Just wondering what brands and how you like their operations?
buy a old POS 4x4 to put a salt spreader in they destroy the frames. after about the second year the frame in front of front rear sping shackle will rot in half this was a problem with 73 to 87 gm frames . hate to see a CUCV put to abuse like that . I have had 1 myself do this and seen at least a dozen rot out in the same place all plow trucks with spreaders .2cents

dstang97

buy a old POS 4x4 to put a salt spreader in they destroy the frames. after about the second year the frame in front of front rear sping shackle will rot in half this was a problem with 73 to 87 gm frames . hate to see a CUCV put to abuse like that . I have had 1 myself do this and seen at least a dozen rot out in the same place all plow trucks with spreaders .2cents
Ditto

Sasquatch

Check out http://www.plowsite.com, it's the Steel Soldiers of plowing tons of info on there. They have a whole forum on spreaders, it's titled Ice Management.

Mine had a spreader in the back at one point, that's why it's got no tailgate. Up here they use a lot of sand and gravel so my truck doesn't have the rust issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks