• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salute to the U.S. GI, pics

No.2Diesel

Hi,

This post could've been placed in a number of forum sections as it covers many topics.

This past weekend our Military Vehicle Club along with several re-enactment groups and associations conducted a "Salute to the American G.I." for Armed Forces Day. Every U.S. conflict from the Revolution to current was well represented. The local MP unit was on hand to demonstrate a roadblock/checkpoint.

Many things combined to make this a great event: Military Vehicles, the weather was perfect, the setting couldn't have been better, and to top it all off, firearms demonstrations took place to educate the public about the evolution of weapons from flintlock musket to M4 carbine. Other than at the range you don't get to see the variety weopons being "excercised" in public so it was a real treat.

I was happy to help out and use my equipment trailer to transport a small piece of armor. An M8 Greyhound required transport to and from the historic village grounds and the Deuce did very well in that role. It was alot of fun to haul it and even more fun to drive!! Thank you! [thumbzup]

While on site I set up my camo net system which provided the perfect basecamp for club members to retire to. I am not a re-enactor but was thouroughly impressed by all of the uniforms, gear, and accessories etc. that were present.

Please enjoy the pictures! I can post more if you'd like.

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Shooting Demonstrations

Hi,

Thanks for looking. Here are some demo pics. Some even got to try out their rifle fired grenade launcher adaptors! I loved that Ithaca Police Special 12ga. :razz:

Attachments

No.2Diesel

.....Hahaha at the time I didn't think about it much but yeah that is a funny picture!! Yes MACVSOG it was a great weekend.
See you and Lex at aberdeen. Let me know when you arrive and we'll meet up.

Here are some pics of the scout car in action. It is very easy to operate if your a person of average height...

-Steering is easy with the big wheel although you'll need a spotter for tight maneuvers
-The engine is extremely smooth and quiet, you can easily sneak up on someone. Its pretty fast too!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks