• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salvage yards in Michigan?

CutBeef

Hey folks. Im looking for some cucv Blazer parts in Michigan. I knew of a yard 7 years ago up in Baldwin ,MI that had 20 + Blazers, but they are long gone. ( i bought my first d10 blazer there for $500 ! ) I am about to paint my second blazer but i need a few things. Any help??

AJMBLAZER

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

There's a few Michigan members on Colorado K5 - Full-Size Chevy K5 Blazer 4x4 Restoration and Off Road Community . Used to be one myself. (GR eh? Grew up in Middleville.)

The problem you'll face is A - most got scrapped or picked apart years ago and B - when the scrap prices went up 3-4 years ago all the old stuff got junked. I had a **** of a time finding a seatbelt for Big Ugly in 2007. Finally found one two hours away and paid a not so great price for it but it works and even matches.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, Have you tried American Surplus Salvage in Kalamazoo? Any how good luck with your parts.
American Surplus Salvage was formerly Real Mans Toys . There several threads on them if you search .It seems they had issues here with creating several accounts under different names to list in classifieds without listing as a business or pating their share to support the site

scottm

Question about salvage yard in kalamazoo

American Surplus Salvage was formerly Real Mans Toys . There several threads on them if you search .It seems they had issues here with creating several accounts under different names to list in classifieds without listing as a business or pating their share to support the site
Hi, nieghbor,Im new to the site and am not aware of any issues with the above named. Sorry was just trying to help. I talked with them last week because I may be looking for a cucv m1008 in about 2 months. He told me they had a couple and to come down and see them. Has anyone here been to thier lot?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, nieghbor,Im new to the site and am not aware of any issues with the above named. Sorry was just trying to help. I talked with them last week because I may be looking for a cucv m1008 in about 2 months. He told me they had a couple and to come down and see them. Has anyone here been to thier lot?
welcome
I called realmanstoys prior to buying a duece from GL. They wanted you to commint to buy site unseen trucks they had not even recovered from GL along with a latge deposit .The truck i bought is missing 4 bows but has the cover they wanted $500 for 4 bows this was before i joined SS. Then found the threads about them and threw their # away

richard hines

Many dueces at swain junkyard between bellaire and mancelona, some civvy blazers too, about 6 five tons and 4 old gmc hydromatics, has the oldest duece i have ever seen

Armada

What parts do you need? Post up and I'm sure someone here can help you out. Also, send TedG a PM. Ted's Parts Emporium has lot's of needful things. ;-)

MatthewH

Many dueces at swain junkyard between bellaire and mancelona, some civvy blazers too, about 6 five tons and 4 old gmc hydromatics, has the oldest duece i have ever seen
The couple of early dueces he has aren't for sale (M135/211 style) as i have tried numerous times to buy them. He does have some early gasser ones (look like M35, but have gas motors, sorry for not knowing the correct number). Unfortunately, they scrapped a lot of the big stuff when prices went high a couple of years ago, plus, what decent dueces he had caught fire over the summer when somebody dropped a cigarette and it caught part of that yard on fire.