• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sam Werner

wmmscott

I just typed Sam Werner's name into Google to try to find his website.. Up jumped an obituary about Sam Werner from Tracy, Tennessee that died this past Oct. 20. Please excuse me for asking, but is that our guy or what..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sam Werner in Tracy City is the MV collecter. I'd say he had more mighty mite stuff than just about anyone. I was thinking has passed a while back. hndrsonj went by there a few years ago and got some really unique stuff. The OH dealer is Sam Winer Motors and as far as I know, business as usual.

FrankUSMC

Sadly, yes, that was our Sam Werner who passed away in Tracy City, Tenn. I sold him some trucks back in the 1980s, great guy. There was a post about him passing away on the G503 forum.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

TGP, I may be mistaken, but I believe you may actually be thinking of Sam WINER Motors, in Mogadore, Oh., an infamous Military/Heavy Equipment recycling yard located a few miles southeast of Akron, Oh... I was born and raised in the area, and have been wandering that yard for parts, and sightseeing enjoyment, for almost 20yrs now... One of the very few good things I can think of about living in the NE Ohio area (thats a really shorts list !!). I still live about 10mins from there, and deal with them fairly often. They are great guys, have always treated me really well, and have fair prices. If anyone wants any vehicles or parts inspected before ordering from them, or driving in from out of state, I'd be more than happy to go check out condition and availability, and email or text you pics. Just PM me if you need me to go up there, I'm always look for a reason to go!!

Ryan [thumbzup]

Last edited:

RodUSMC1962

Sam Werner Tracy tenn. did pass away.Ron Alred has bought the businesss.Russ Jones at the Ohio location also passed away,his wife and son in law are still running the business I know this for sure, I just talked to both locations last week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks