• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Same old LED blinker problems

spoonsc1

Ok, so out of the blue this issue shows up. The truck has LED front and back, plate holder light, headlights, all instrument lighting (including tach) and replaced the signal indicating light with LED as well. the only incandescent left are the four marker lights. the flasher unit is a solid state unit and a nartron solid state switch on the column.

With no lights on flashers work fine. but with park lights on or headlights the front flashing is barely noticeable, even in the dark. the indicator light is still flashing but very dim, and the rear seem normal. grounds at each front light to chassis are good, and even when I disconnect the 4 marker lights I get no change. Also I disconnected the hood harness and took all of that out of the loop and the indicator light still went dim when parking light were turned on (again rear signals worked)

little frustrating but I haven't had time to look closer at it so I have no other troubleshooting done yet. anyone have any of the components in the system cause this problem?

Thnx in advance.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wrong bulbs or wires connected wrong.

spoonsc1

UPDATE:
did quite a bit of troubleshooting, slaved in headlight switches, flasher relays, set jumpers in cannon plugs to verify all lights and circuits. short story is the signal switch was the issue. took it apart, cleaned contacts with 1500 wet/dry paper, works great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks