• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

San Antonio, TX Monthly MV get together!!

Just found out there is a Veterans Day Parade here in Universal City on Nov 1st. I have a call in for more info, but as of now it looks like there is no cost and it is local. I watched the videos from 2010 and 2012 and there were no MVs, so we may be quite welcome. I will send out more info as I get it, staging starts at 0930. If anyone is interested, let me know.

There is also a Veterans Day Parade here in SA on the 8th, that runs around $30 a vehicle if anyone is interested. I called and emailed for more info, but received no response. I will be marching in the Parade, so I will not be entering my vehicle.

See y'all tomorrow.

Had a great showing today, especially considering the weather. It started pouring around 0830, so we split around then. Thanks to all who came out.

There is still the Car Show at the Bass Pro-shop on the 26th of OCT as well as a Veterans Day Parade on NOV 1st here in Universal City. If you are interested in the Parade let me know so I can let them know how much space to set aside for us. I am also toying with the idea of having a MV parts swap meet/get together sometime in November if anyone is interested.

Attachments

KansasBobcat

Good turn out in spite of rain. Glad to see new faces. Drive to brunch was in rain and airbornebandsman had a thrill with his truck..turned out ok. Wish we could get more of the mv crowd out to join us. The monthly car show is really fun..all kinds of cars and trucks. I enjoyed the old land rovers that I should have bought and the MG I drove in college. If you have any questions feel free to call me : 210 819 1610 Bob

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have a parade in Universal City coming up on NOV 1st for anyone interested. It is their Veterans Day Parade. If anyone is interested let me know. I also started a Facebook page for those of us in the area. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/366553996832792/

And remember there is a car show at the Bass Pro Shop at The Rim on OCT 26th.
Good chance I can make the UC parade now. Just finished with the troop seats in the M37 so can haul vets too.

Having a leaky wheel cylinder issue on the deuce that I have to try and get figured out before Sunday. I will have the 37 and 1009 there without a doubt just worried about stopping the deuce.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David won 1st and 2nd with the M38 and LandRover (not sure which won which) and Juli came in 3rd with the M37. Lots of fun but a looooong day.

Sorry for being incommunicado for the last few weeks, This is a busy time of year for me job wise. The next Monthly Cruise in is on Dec 13th at 0800. Located at the Parking lot of Lowe's at The Rim. (Same time and place as usual).

I would also like to plan an MV specific get together around the middle or end of January (need to get through Xmas first). It would be a meet for lunch and talk about MVs in SA or even a potluck type of thing. (input is welcome).

Hope to see some of you on the 13th. Have a Happy Holidays!!

Thanks, Mik

crusader

I know you guys will have a good time. I was hoping to make the December meet but am laid up due to an accident. There are people driving that cannot discern what is coming toward them nor remember what signal they had before proceeding through the intersection,be careful.

Another Ahab

I know you guys will have a good time. I was hoping to make the December meet but am laid up due to an accident. There are people driving that cannot discern what is coming toward them nor remember what signal they had before proceeding through the intersection,be careful.
Whoa. Sorry to hear that. Hope you're up and about, and all mended up strong real soon.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you will get better soon.

KansasBobcat

accident

Hope you were on 4 wheels rather than 2. Sold my motorcyles and got into military vehicles and haven't looked back. Bob

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The next Monthly Cruise in is on Dec 13th at 0800. Located at the Parking lot of Lowe's at The Rim. (Same time and place as usual).

I would also like to plan an MV specific get together around the middle or end of January (need to get through Xmas first). It would be a meet for lunch and talk about MVs in SA or even a potluck type of thing. (input is welcome).

Hope to see some of you on the 13th. Have a Happy Holidays!!
I'm going to try and make it tomorrow but doubt I'll be in a MV.

Is anybody considering taking part in the MVPA 2015 Convoy (or at least the TX portion)? It's going from DC to San Diego and will be traversing TX Oct 1 - Oct 10. If I wind up with a LMTV before then I might do Texarkana to El Paso. Ten days to get across the state seems about my speed in a MV.