• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

San Antonio, TX Monthly MV get together!!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was browsing that schedule yesterday, and wondering who might be willing to do part of it. Let's do some serious thinking/planning.

Cheers

Another Ahab

I was browsing that schedule yesterday, and wondering who might be willing to do part of it. Let's do some serious thinking/planning.

Cheers
I'm going to try and make it tomorrow but doubt I'll be in a MV.

Is anybody considering taking part in the MVPA 2015 Convoy (or at least the TX portion)? It's going from DC to San Diego and will be traversing TX Oct 1 - Oct 10. If I wind up with a LMTV before then I might do Texarkana to El Paso. Ten days to get across the state seems about my speed in a MV.
That sounds very cool. Hoping somebody on-board that might post some pictures/ travelogue here (or separate thread) if at all possible.

wagons.jpg

I'm going to try and make it tomorrow but doubt I'll be in a MV.

Is anybody considering taking part in the MVPA 2015 Convoy (or at least the TX portion)? It's going from DC to San Diego and will be traversing TX Oct 1 - Oct 10. If I wind up with a LMTV before then I might do Texarkana to El Paso. Ten days to get across the state seems about my speed in a MV.
Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Wish I could participate in the convoy, but Korea will be my home at that point for a bit.

We had a great showing yesterday. 6 vehicles total. Thanks everyone for coming out. I had a great time, even after Alyssa's mishap (she is fine BTW). Hope to see you all next month. More to follow on the trip to SA Truck Parts to scope it out and a meeting for just us, to go over plans for the future of the group. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Attachments

ralph3162

We had a great showing yesterday. 6 vehicles total. Thanks everyone for coming out. I had a great time, even after Alyssa's mishap (she is fine BTW). Hope to see you all next month. More to follow on the trip to SA Truck Parts to scope it out and a meeting for just us, to go over plans for the future of the group. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Very cool I wish I could have attended but work issues prevented it. I will do my best to be at the next one. Great showing and all very nice looking trucks guys.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Hope everybody had a great end of the year. It is that time again. The next cruise-in is on the 10th of January, in the parking lot of the Lowe's at the Rim from 0800-1030. Try to be there by 0815 so we can have a space saved for you. And I think we will eat at the same place as we did in Dec, it was pretty good. Hope to see a you all there.

On the 17th I am going to head down to the San Antonio Truck parts yard, I plan on being there at 0900 (they open at 0900 and close at 1200). Hopefully get some good deals on parts and see what they have lying around. The more the merrier.

zout

I just gotta find an excuse and a reason for the new Co to let me head to your town to check out the Fleet trucks and touch base with the fleet manager there - and of course the main reason to come hang with all your folks minus an MV - great get together down and over there. OUTSTANDING.

zout

All depends on how much BS I can tell my boss to let me come - would like to meet my CAMO member who was the owner of the M43B1 I was allowed to finish for you - it was a proud build my brother.
dave

Tornadogt

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Hope everybody had a great end of the year. It is that time again. The next cruise-in is on the 10th of January, in the parking lot of the Lowe's at the Rim from 0800-1030. Try to be there by 0815 so we can have a space saved for you. And I think we will eat at the same place as we did in Dec, it was pretty good. Hope to see a you all there.

On the 17th I am going to head down to the San Antonio Truck parts yard, I plan on being there at 0900 (they open at 0900 and close at 1200). Hopefully get some good deals on parts and see what they have lying around. The more the merrier.
I went to the truck yard yesterday, Spoke with the owner, we are good to visit on the 17th. They open at 9:00AM (I already claimed a nice 915 bumper/grill guard and at least 2 915 series "CCC" emblems.)

I am not throwing in the towel for this Saturday the 10th yet but it's not looking good for the weather.. I will decide friday, friday night, maybe, Saturday morning..

I went to the truck yard yesterday, Spoke with the owner, we are good to visit on the 17th. They open at 9:00AM (I already claimed a nice 915 bumper/grill guard and at least 2 915 series "CCC" emblems.)

I am not throwing in the towel for this Saturday the 10th yet but it's not looking good for the weather.. I will decide friday, friday night, maybe, Saturday morning..
Thanks for verifying we are good for Sat. I appreciate it.
I am going to throw in the towel for tomorrow now. The only truck I have that will make it is the 915, and I am not taking that out in the rain if I can help it. That and I am still hacking away and 33 degree weather will not help. I will see you all on the 17th.

Tornadogt

Thanks for verifying we are good for Sat. I appreciate it.
I am going to throw in the towel for tomorrow now. The only truck I have that will make it is the 915, and I am not taking that out in the rain if I can help it. That and I am still hacking away and 33 degree weather will not help. I will see you all on the 17th.
No problem, I also am going to stay out of the weather tomorrow... See everyone on the 17th..

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's pretty much where driving on ice will get you!
I'm staying warm and dry today, catching up on reading and movies with the gal, who for reasons incomprehensible, chooses to hang out with me.

Cheers

This Saturday some of us are headed over to San Antonio Truck Parts. They have all kinds of green iron lying around. If any body is interested I will be at the IHOP at 2634 SW Military DR. San Antonio, TX 78224 at 0745 and we can leave from there after some chow. If not, we plan on being at the yard at 0900. 10702 S.W Loop 410, San ANtonio, TX 78211