• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

San Antonio, TX Monthly MV get together!!

Hey Mik, is Fiesta always during Easter?

Just curious because my grandmother was a Fiesta princess or something during one of the Fiestas around the time of the Punitive Expedition against Pancho Villa.

Guess I'll have to come check it out one of these days!
It seems to get started the week after Easter and lasts for most of the month. Way to many events packed into that time frame, it seems like there is something everyday. It is pretty interesting and the people in SA live for it.

Not going to be able to make it. Hope to be putting color on the Goat Saturday. I think I remember you saying you had Fiesta stuff going on next week so wouldn't make Mabry either. Temple (May 1-3)?
Hopefully we will see you at some of the other events coming up soon. Look like the goat is coming along nicely, can't wait to see it.

slingshot5

Looking for MV and or military gear displays for the USAA Employee Picnic. Lots of good food/drink provided. Can bring a guest (helper). Show time is noon, event ends at 2100 with fireworks display. Email me direct with vehicle type and names of driver, guest(s) >>> dbarrera3@satx.rr.com
David B.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for MV and or military gear displays for the USAA Employee Picnic. Lots of good food/drink provided. Can bring a guest (helper). Show time is noon, event ends at 2100 with fireworks display. Email me direct with vehicle type and names of driver, guest(s) >>> dbarrera3@satx.rr.com
David B.
I really recommend this event for anyone that is able. Lots of free food and a whole company that is geared toward veterans and active military members.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just signed up for the Ride A Crooked Trail Car Show at the Audie Murphy VA Hospital. We'll be taking both the M561 and the M37 so have at least 2 vehicles. If anyone else signs up click the XX for class and then put in Military Vehicle and they'll create another class for us. They only need 3 and I just signed up 2 so 1 more gets us our own catagory. I don't like paid car shows but I spend $20 on a T-shirt so why not get one for the price of admission and the chance to win something else to dust?

In case anyone is interested:

http://www.satxcamaro.com/#!audie-l-murphy-open-car-show/c2ko

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coming up on the 13th we will have our Monthly Meet and Eat at the cruise in located at the Rim, in the parking lot of Lowes. It tarts at 0800 so plan on being there no later than 0815 to have a space. Hope to see some of you there.
I should finally be able to make this with the Goat as I'll be tartless (wife'll be out of town).

Tank007

I should be there as well, I resigned from my job as of this Friday, I will find something closer to "home" and within our operational range.

Tornadogt

I should be there as well, I resigned from my job as of this Friday, I will find something closer to "home" and within our operational range.
Meeting up bright and early at Bill Millers? Planing on bringing the wrecker. Saturday night is soft reopening of San Antonio Raceway so I might end up leaving a bit early from the Rim.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loaded up and ready to go. It sure will be a lot easier coming to these things once I have some decent tires and brake lights so I can drive versus fighting with the trailer.

Won't be able to make the Bill Miller you guys go to but I'll hit the one at Bulverde and 281 and think of you while I'm having mine!