• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

San Antonio, TX Monthly MV get together!!

ralph3162

A car show of 1. Too bad there aren't trophies. I'd have a good shot at 1st Place.
I would vote for it. I am sorry I would have loved to come but I was not able to make it but because of being on disability after back surgery I was just not able to afford the fuel there and back in my deuce. I don't get paid for another couple weeks.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would vote for it. I am sorry I would have loved to come but I was not able to make it but because of being on disability after back surgery I was just not able to afford the fuel there and back in my deuce. I don't get paid for another couple weeks.
We did have a few show up later, Airbornebandsman, Tank007, and Tornadogt, but it turns out the local Mustang Club that puts on the show once a month was told by the property manager that they didn't want us (the show) there. Forget that all the businesses (who never complained to us) lose out on loads of business, especially Chick-Fil-A, McDonalds, and Whataburger. We stayed anyway. I wasn't going to load the trailer to move 2 miles, unload it, then load it again in a couple of hours.

Motorcar

[QUOTEwas told by the property manager that they didn't want us (the show) there.][/QUOTE]

I just caught up to this, we aren't welcome there anymore? The show organizers were always very happy we were set up on the side.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just caught up to this, we aren't welcome there anymore? The show organizers were always very happy we were set up on the side.
The show organizers still want us but the Property Manager said they don't want the Show there. It's moved across I10 to a church parking lot (Oak Hills?).

Another Ahab

That kind of thing is never any fun; wishing you a quick and full recovery from your surgery.

KansasBobcat

The show organizers still want us but the Property Manager said they don't want the Show there. It's moved across I10 to a church parking lot (Oak Hills?).
Sorry to hear this. I have to wonder the reasons. I agree that we brought some business there. Not just food but Lowes got my business but not anymore! I never heard of a single problem at this informal car show. If they are just greedy they could charge. I have to wonder about liability...the great specter that looms over all we do. We will probably never know why they do not want us any more. Other collector shows have been rejected in Austin, etc I thought we still lived in Texas but I am having my doubts. Only good thing is theyare not just ejecting the military folks. Maybe the Rolls and Ferrari crowd will bring some heat on them. God knows we do not have any clout. Hope to see you all some where. Maybe we can meet in Shavano Park. De Oppresso Liber. Bob

KansasBobcat

Lowes isn't the ones making the stink but the property manager for the whole shopping center.
Well guess what they are not in Kansas anymore! Said by a Kansan...New York City I would guess. Wish they would take their illgotten gains and leave us alone. OK I feel slightly better...send me a bill.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All set for the Audie L. Murphy VA Hospital "Ride A Crooked Trail" Car show tomorrow (say that with a mouth full of peanuts). For those of you planning on participating but not pre-registered, they have a convoluted entry set up. The only way for vehicles that are showing to get in is off Merton-Minter Ave. You now have to make 6 different turns inside the parking lot to get from the entrance to the parking area. I'm planning on getting there around 0800 or shortly after to make sure I have maneuver room for the F250/trailer combo and then for the Goat to get where it needs to go. Hope to see everyone there!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if the regular 2nd Saturday gig is going on but here's something for the 18th if anyone would like to attend:

Soldier's Angels will be having a charity rodeo at Tejas Rodeo Co in Bulverde, TX on Sat Jul 18. I'll be there with the deuce and Goat and we're inviting anyone else out who would like to have a small MV show in front of the rodeo grounds. Set up must be complete by 4:30 but since this is just a static vehicle display as long as you drive in by 4:25 we should be able to get set up. As it is a charity event no free admission to the rodeo for people displaying but you're more than welcome to attend. 100% of on-line ticket sales go to Soldier's Angels and $1 from gate purchases.

Anyone thinking they might attend please give me a head's up so we can plan the amount of vehicle space to reserve.

http://soldiersangels.org/rodeo

Thanks for bumping this back up mkcoen. I have been slacking. Just finished sending my household goods off. The next Saturday cruise-in is this Saturday at 0800, the location has changed and is now at the Oak Hills Church right across the freeway from the Lowes at the Rim. To get there take Exit 554 off IH-10 (Camp Bullis), take the turnaround and stay on the frontage Road. Look forward to seeing some of you there. I won't be able to make the 18th as that is the first weekend of my PCS leave.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for bumping this back up mkcoen. I have been slacking. Just finished sending my household goods off. The next Saturday cruise-in is this Saturday at 0800, the location has changed and is now at the Oak Hills Church right across the freeway from the Lowes at the Rim. To get there take Exit 554 off IH-10 (Camp Bullis), take the turnaround and stay on the frontage Road. Look forward to seeing some of you there. I won't be able to make the 18th as that is the first weekend of my PCS leave.
I'm going to swing by on Saturday but won't have a vehicle as my trailer is currently occupied by Goat tires. You want me to bring your lister bags?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some advance warning on the next event.

Also would anyone like to volunteer to take over for Mik as the "reminder" poster? While his truck may be local I'm guessing he can't swing enough leave time to come home from Korea once a month so probably won't be posting about this.

I was hoping to drive the Goat to the next event as I finally got some street worthy tires but had a radiator fail this past weekend and not sure how long it's going to take to get that resolved. In the mean time though, go vote for the Goat as MV of the month. I could really use a pick-me-up after losing the radiator and having to tow it home with the deuce.

Another Ahab

I was hoping to drive the Goat to the next event as I finally got some street worthy tires but had a radiator fail this past weekend and not sure how long it's going to take to get that resolved. In the mean time though, go vote for the Goat as MV of the month. I could really use a pick-me-up after losing the radiator and having to tow it home with the deuce.
Sorry to hear that the radiator setback knocked you down a notch, mkcoen.

But hope it'll help cheer you up that there are some of us that thrive on your Gama Goat thread, and live for it's every new posting. It would a poorer world without it. Hope that helps to cheer you up a tiny bit. [thumbzup]

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The August Cruise is a week from tomorrow (Aug 8th). Just a reminder that it is no longer at Lowes but at the Oak Hills Church on the west side of I-10. I'm still working on my radiator issue but with a little luck will make it.

Last edited:

Tank007

It's that time again everyone for the Aug 8th monthly cruise in, now across from the Rim.

The location has changed and is now at the Oak Hills Church right across the freeway from the Lowes at the Rim. To get there take exit 554 off IH-10 (Camp Bullis), take the turnaround and stay on the frontage road.

A few of us will most likely meet up at McDonald's or whataburger by the rim for breakfast before heading over to the show, all are welcome to join and we can convoy in from there.